Mechanical Engineer - Senior 8/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Seeking experienced Mechanical Engineer for client-facing role
* 15 + years of experience required, preferably in a design firm s
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering
* PE registration required
Full Job Description
SENIOR-LEVEL MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Our client is looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and innovative individual for a Senior Mechanical Engineer position that can demonstrate the successful delivery of detailed mechanical design packages on medium to large scale capital projects. In addition to the basic qualifications listed, the successful candidate shall possess the skills required to successfully develop and execute project tasks and deliverables, be a collaborative team player, handle multiple complex tasks, establish and manage priorities, and have a strong drive to deliver a quality project for customers. Required engineering capabilities include the ability to develop and implement engineering and design concepts for HVAC, plant and clean/process utilities, compressed gases, plumbing, and fire protection systems. The candidate shall also have a thorough understanding of the development of design documents and deliverables through the conceptual, preliminary, detailed, and construction phases of a project (P&IDs, distribution plans, specifications, etc.). This person will be responsible for coordinating with internal and external architects and engineers, as well as the client, construction managers, vendors, and subcontractors. Project sizes will vary and consist primarily of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or industrial process projects including existing building renovations / retrofits and new construction. The successful candidate will be expected to represent the company in a professional manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Developing overall Conceptual and Basis of Design level design approaches and documentation.
* Developing HVAC, plant and clean utility, plumbing, and compressed gas system philosophies.
* Designing central utility plant systems and overall equipment layouts.
* Developing Mechanical / Utility equipment and construction specifications.
* Performing temperature / humidity control / utility load calculations.
* Developing airflow diagrams, pressurization plans, and classification, as well as ductwork and piping plans.
* Developing building management system (BMS) control philosophy, details, Sequence of Operations, and plans with I&C engineers.
* Developing utility consumption summaries for plant and clean/process utilities.
* Developing P cGMP and ISPE Guideline knowledge preferred
* Experience in energy efficient design and current sustainable design approaches preferred
* Understanding of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) required
* Ability to lead a project and design effort from a mechanical / utilities perspective (from concept design through start-up) required
* Ability to mentor and develop young engineers and manage mechanical design and staff including financials required