Mechanical Engineer 9/15/2016
Integrated Power Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Integrated Power Services (IPS) is seeking a Mechanical Engineer for our Shreveport Service Center.
* Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
* Confer with engineers and others to implement procedures and provide technical information.
* Investigate equipment failures and perform RCA (Root Cause Analyst)
* Computer skills, working knowledge of Solid Works 3D CAD
* Making Decisions and Solving Problems -- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
* Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates -- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
* Knowledge and skills in vibration analysis, for rotating equipment, such as casing vibration, shaft movement, proximity probes, API 670
* Drafting, Laying Out, and Specifying Technical Devices, Parts, and Equipment -- Providing documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used.
* Engineering and Technology -- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of parts for electrical rotating apparatus.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Basic Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Solid Works 3D CAD
Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
5 or more years experience in a related role.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
IPS is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.