This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 11/6/2016
Watts Architecture & Engineering
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Watts is a full service architecture and engineering (A/E) firm excelling in architecture, civil, environmental, transportation, structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineering and construction support services with offices in Buffalo, Syracuse and NYC. We have an immediate opening for a Mechanical Engineer in our Syracuse, NY office.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
• NYS Professional Engineer’s License currently registered in NYS preferred;
• 10 years minimum experience in HVAC/piping design and installation (commercial/institutional);
• Project management experience; ability to manage other team members in the preparation of designs;
• Good written and oral communication skills;
• Proficient in AutoCad. Experience with REVIT (BIM) a plus.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Knowledge of HVAC Applications, including evaluating various HVAC technologies;
• Works effectively with design teams, clients, vendors, contractors;
• Performs Code reviews;
• Knowledge of Plumbing and Fire Protection Code
• Performs critical QC reviews of other engineer’s designs & documents;
• Calculates heating & cooling loads using computer software programs;
• Calculates pressure drops in ductwork and piping systems;
• Sizes pipes, ductwork, and equipment such as pumps, fans, boilers, chillers, terminal units;
• Specifies HVAC equipment and systems, including controls;
• Edits specification templates;
• Performs punchlist inspections;
• Occasional travel between Buffalo office and Syracuse will be required.
Resume in confidence to: Watts Architecture & Engineering, 95 Perry St., Suite 300, Buffalo, NY 14203 or to: firstname.lastname@example.org