- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Performs duties associated with the development of products for an assigned Engineering Group; consisting of conventional engineering practices and a variety of functions necessary to insure product quality and safety. Analyzes research data and proposed product specifications to assist in product feasibility studies. Evaluates engineering test results to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications. Must be capable of managing small projects or a portion of a larger project independently.
* Develops product specifications, using sound design practices in the development of new products.
* Manages projects to ensure on-time completion.
* Plans, schedules and coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work as a part of major projects or as a total project of minor scope.
* Directs the preparation of product or system layouts using detailed drawings and schematics.
* Coordinates the manufacturing of prototype products.
* Plans and develops experimental test programs.
* Creates and/or modifies product Bills of Material.
* Confers with research and other engineering personnel to prepare design modifications as required.
* Supports the design related issues that arise within the product manufacturing facilities.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong project and time management skills
* Strong design skills, including GD&T stack up, drafting, etc.
* 3D CAD experience; knowledge of Unigraphics drafting software
* Knowledge of product design and manufacturing processes
* BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
* 3 to 5 years of professional experience as a Project/Design Engineer in consumer product industry preferred.
Work Environment: Office/Model Shop
MTD Products was founded over 80 years ago and is headquartered in Valley City, a half hour south of Cleveland, Ohio. Our passion has led MTD to be a worldwide leader of outdoor power equipment with facilities in Europe, North America, Asia, Australia and South America producing equipment for both residential and commercial markets.
MTD offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes 401k, Pension, Health and Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, paid vacation, paid holidays.
MTD is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.