Mechanical Engineering Analyst 8/27/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
This position is located in Cranston RI.
The Mechanical Engineering Analyst will be responsible for providing expertise and technical leadership in applying numerical methods and algorithms to solve and analyze problems involving fluid flows in the field of fire and life safety.
* Responsible for the design, the development and the application of computational fluid dynamics (i.e. Ansys Fluent, OpenFOAM) to understand and optimize current products/systems. Knowledge of FDS (Fire Dynamics Simulator) a plus.
* Stay abreast of and adopt, as appropriate, new technologies, new innovation processes and is comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment.
* Ability to work collaboratively with other engineering functions to drive prototype and proof of concept solutions into formalized new product development/new product introduction process.
* Develops and effectively communicates his/her ideas or improvements/variations on the ideas of others.
* Provides technical help and suggestions for other engineers. In general, shares his/her knowledge with others.
* Provides expertise and technical leadership in applying numerical methods and algorithms to solve and analyze problems involving thermal, fluids, and structural challenges.
* Solid understanding of applying mechanical engineering principles to analyze complex products to support goal of optimizing current designs and design processes.
* Working knowledge of the latest computational, such as Ansys Fluent/Mechanical and OpenFOAM, including pre-processing, simulation, and post-processing.
* Able to interpret simulation results and communicate results and findings to organization
* Hands-on contributor and team player
* Good communication skills - written and verbal
* Manages individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
#external EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline.
* Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering a plus.
* Experience working in Linux environment is a plus.
* 3-5 years of relevant work experience