This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Fort Collins, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: MECHANICAL ESTIMATOR
COMPANY: Specializes in design, fabrication, and installation for small to large, complex projects, both renovations and new construction.
LOCATION: FORT COLLINS, CO
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time/Permanent & Direct hire job
Commercial HVAC Company looking for experienced HVAC Estimator to join our estimation team.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
* Provides estimating services which include conceptual, schematic, design development, and construction level estimates.
* Acquires competitive bid work, continuously monitors the marketplace for project/relationship opportunities, and supports Marketing and Business Development in the acquisition of negotiated work.
* Performs preconstruction services.
* Develops and/or understands the full parameters of the project scope.
* Performs bidding and estimating project lead tasks and presents estimates to clients as project lead.
* Achieves consensus relative to the project scope.
* Develops a basis of scope for bidding and estimating purposes.
* Qualifies all estimates and bids relative to scope.
* Meets quantitative goals with respect to estimating and bidding.
* Maintains cost database.
* Manages workloads according to Preconstruction department deadlines, commitments, and priorities.
* Fosters positive relationships with internal and external customers, subcontractors, and design professionals.
* Assists in the development of owner contracts as required.
* Assists in value engineering and constructability analysis.
* Executes the buyout process for successful lump sum bids.
* Holds de-scope meetings as project lead for successful lump sum bids.
* Negotiates pricing.
* Strong understanding of MEP disciplines relative to accurate estimating and bidding and possess expert knowledge in at least one of the following areas: civil, building shell, building finish, process, or HVAC.
* Comprehensive understanding of trades, scopes, timelines, and scheduling/sequencing of work.
* Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills required.
* Outstanding time management, organization, prioritization, attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills required.
* Proficient in project and related software (i.e., Estimation, Prolog Manager, Timberline, MC2, Bid Fax, Primavera) or similar database software.
* Responsible for creating cost estimates consisting of materials, sub-contractors, purchased equipment, labor (installation, start-up, service work, etc.), and other construction-related activities in bidding on or determining price of projects.
* Responsible for identifying possible cost saving opportunities.
* Improve job costs by negotiating prices with vendors/sub-contractors.
* Creates detailed cost estimates including system sketches, scope definition, exceptions/exclusions, and vendor/sub-contractor quotes.
* Must be able to quickly analyze, compare and interpret detailed but sometimes poorly defined information and be able to make sound and accurate judgments based on this information.
* Maintain an atmosphere of trust and cooperation with customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
* Organize and prepare a conceptual, negotiated, or bid estimate with minimal supervision.
* Price self-perform work in a logical method based on a crew/production basis.
* Provides technical, process or estimating support to management during project design or proposal phase. Assists as needed in developing the customer business case for the conceptual solution.
* Leads or supports detailed estimating of projects.
* Validates assumptions made during project design or proposal phase. Prepares a detailed cost estimate and scope of work for assigned projects in conjunction with operations and sales.
* Performs on-site data collection at customer facilities required to perform estimating or detailed development tasks.
* Assists in preparation for project proposal presentation.
* Keeps current on our products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair of our mechanical systems.
* Prepares excellent, well written and technical supportive proposals.
* Capable to deliver and present the final proposal to the customer in a professional manner.
* Good communications skills both verbal and written. Ambitious Self Starter. Team Player. Strong organizational and leadership skills.
* Depth of knowledge with a wide variety HVAC equipment, materials and methods of Installation.
* If you love the Rocky Mountains, Colorado is the place to be, so if you have the above listed experience, submit your resume with a cover letter.
* Background and pre-employment drug screen required.
* We offer a competitive compensation package.