This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 1/25/2017
Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has been exceeding client expectations for 35 years. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record. As we continue growing into new areas and markets, our focus is to maintain a team of creative, ambitious, and visionary individuals. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position in Quincy, Washington:
Mechanical Inspector: Vanir CM has a unique opportunity for a talented individual to assist in the continued growth of our organization. The position of Mechanical Inspector will work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver intelligent solutions to ensure quality project delivery. Our unique culture fosters growth, communication, and teamwork. As a Vanir, employee you will be a vital member coordinating with clients, engineers, and contractors on the inspection portions of complex constructive projects with a maintained focus on customer satisfaction.
* Ideal candidates will possess 5+ years of Mechanical Inspection experience on large complex construction projects/programs
* Knowledge and experience with construction inspection processes with an emphasis in electrical systems, means, methods, and materials is required
* Experience in managing contractor s work and progress of construction to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, code, and schedule
* Experience providing quality assurance and quality control on projects is desired
* Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications
* Good communication, writing, and computer skills are essential
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related degree is preferred
Physical Demands: Position performance will require the regular physical ability to climb and function in elevation changes by means of self-propulsion to include ladders, scaffolding, and hoist systems. Ability to negotiate construction work areas in a safe manner and behavior. Vision abilities specific to the position will include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus. Performing in this role will require the use of hands to finger, handle and feel tools, objects, materials, and controls. Performance requires the frequent ability to sit, talk, hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee may have to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: Performing the duties, the employee will regularly be in an on-site construction environment where they may be exposed to moving mechanical components and equipment, high and sub grade places, fumes and/or airborne particles, weather conditions, and electrical systems. The noise of the environments is often moderate to very loud.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you're interested in working for Vanir Construction Management, Inc., please visit our website to learn more and to apply online at www.vanir.com.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We Participate in E-Verify.