Mechanical Modeling / Simulation Engineer 9/6/2016
The PRA Group Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MECHANICAL MODELING/SIMULATION ENGINEER - MI
Our client, a cutting edge developer of automotive technology, is growing due to years of successful business and looking for a Mechanical Modeling/Simulation Engineer to work on advanced brake-by-wire systems for next generation vehicles. In this position, you'll develop Matlab-based models of braking systems and running simulations to make sure their designs work to specifications. You would do both the modeling and the analysis for optimization studies, design changes, etc. You will be the key team player in coming up with solutions to make these state-of-the-art systems work.
This is a stable, growing company that is offering significant future opportunities to break into new technologies. They are working with the latest and greatest innovations in the automotive field such as active safety, brake-by-wire, and automated driving.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Bachelors Degree (Masters a plus) in Mechanical Engineering or Physics with 2+ years of experience (or extensive research work) in the field.
* Excellent skills in Matlab/Simulink based development for complex automotive systems. Matlab Simscape a plus.
* Solid understanding of vehicle dynamics and electromechanical systems.
* Proven ability to handle complicated development projects through the full development life-cycle.
* Solid communication skills and the ability to work between multiple engineering teams.
Title: Mechanical Modeling/Simulation Engineer
Location: Detroit area, MI
Relocation assistance: Subject to review
Visa sponsorship: Subject to review