Mechanical Project Engineer 9/3/2016
ITech Consulting Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Our client is seeking a _MECHANICAL ENGINEER_ who will manage projects to develop engineering designs and related documentation for new product development efforts as well as improvement of existing products. The Engineer will also assist the Engineering Manager on other tasks from time to time as required.
This is a FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE opportunity in OXFORD, CT with occasional travel.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and 8-10years working in an engineering role.
* Must be capable of a full range of project management responsibilities to design project and direct the work of team members, from developing initial concept to the final acceptance of equipment in the customer's facility.
* Prior project management experience with large capital equipment a plus.
* Must be proficient with 3D modeling software such as SolidWorks (preferred), ProE, or SolidEdge.
* Understanding of basic drafting standards is required.
* Must have experience with structural analysis tools, both manual calculations and automated software approaches (FEA), and be capable of independently creating structural analysis of machinery, and small-scale architectural assemblies.
* Must have strong background in mechanical power transmission design (drive-train components, motor sizing, couplings, bearings, etc).
* Prior experience with weldments and/or welded structures, weld processes and welding specifications would be desirable, as well as, an understanding of machining process and ANSI/ ASME Y14.5 geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
* Background and/or knowledge of Civil Engineering is highly preferred
* The ideal candidate will have PE qualification.