Mechanical Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are currently seeking a Project Manager to join the team as a member of our growing Construction division.
McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation...how we support our employees...the unique truly integrated way we deliver...the long-term relationships we forge with our clients...and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
McKinstry is a full-service, design-build firm specializing in consulting, construction, energy and facility services. The firm's innovative, integrated delivery methodology provides clients with a single point of accountability that drives waste and redundancy out of the design/build process. With nearly 2,000 professional staff and trades people throughout the United States and operations in more than 15 states, McKinstry advocates collaborative, sustainable solutions designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and optimize profitability "For The Life of Your B
This person will be responsible for:
* Identifies required resources to achieve project goals.
* Generates preliminary assessments, technical solutions, fee proposals, presentations, studies, and general support.
* Primary contact for project engineering staff during construction.
* Transitions project management and engineer activities from design to construction phase and construction to completion phase.
* Communicates with the General Contractor, Architect, Engineer, Owner, and other stakeholders.
* Supports and provides input to development strategies, goals, and objectives specific to project execution at each project phase.
* Develops and manages project plans, schedules and scopes of work.
* Defines project responsibilities to project management, engineering and field staff.
* Documents and resolves subcontractor and vendor billing issues.
* Assists the business development team in responding to requests for proposal and bid process.
* Assess site safety and implements actions to prevent injury to property and personnel.
* Ensures safety compliance of subcontractors and all on-site personnel.
* Assumes financial responsibility for project including accurate, timely and relevant reporting to stakeholders.
* Facilitates invoice payments from clients and to subcontractors.
* Reviews and approves subcontractor billing.
* Prepares client and subcontractor change orders.
* Monitors, controls and reports on the financial performance of projects.
* Drafts subcontracts and purchase agreements.
* Monitors and proofs change issue log.
* Creates and maintains network and hardcopy files.
* Prepares or supervises the preparation of Submittals, Operation & Maintenance Manuals, Expediting Reports, Change Order Log, RFI log, Correspondence Log, etc.
* Assesses any potential job cost impacts, submits, negotiates and tracks all change orders requests.
* Prepares or supervises the preparation of Job Start and Project Closeout materials.
* Reviews contracts, drawings, specifications and other resources to answer questions in a timely manner.
* Ensures that all material and equipment is purchased in a timely and cost-effective manner.
* Evaluates bid estimates, develops cost codes, establishes definitive budgets, develops manpower plan with Superintendents, and monitors field labor progress.
* Takes responsibility for the development and implementation of a comprehensive construction plan.
* Monitors progress towards goals to anticipate potential problems.
* Delivers accurate and timely data to support project forecasts.
* Coaches and mentors project team members.
* Develops project staffing plans to include labor, subcontractors, etc.
* Acts as steward of McKinstry culture; communicate and influence policies and procedures.
* Establishes and leads associated meetings.
* Define individual project responsibilities and accountabilities.
* Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
* Must have demonstrated proficiency for all the responsibilities of a Senior Construction Project Engineer.
* Bachelor s degree in Construction Management or Engineering or equivalent work experience required.
* Five (5) years of experience in project management, engineering, or construction is required.
* Proficient with scheduling software: Microsoft Project, Primavera and/or Suretrak required.
* Completed OSHA 30 class is required.
* Experience working for a General Contractor or Major Mechanical Subcontractor preferred.
* PE, CPM, LEED professional designations is preferred.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and required.
* Basic estimating skills required.
* RCDD, CPM professional designation is preferred.
* Proficient with construction financial programs and software preferred.
* Demonstrates an understanding of accounting and financial management preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Ability and willingness to travel regionally.
* Physical ability to navigate jobsites in uneven terrain.
* Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
* Physically able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.