Mechanical Supervisor 8/9/2016
The HT Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our client is a nationally recognized leader with multiples plants across the US. We are currently seeking a Mechanical Supervisor to be based at their facility in Roxboro, NC. This opportunity is a chance to be part of a dynamic organization that offers tremendous growth potential. Qualified candidates must possesses the following for immediate consideration:
To oversee mechanical maintenance department, diagnose equipment failures and repair problems as they arise. To supervise, coordinate and lead employees and activities within the Mechanical Maintenance Department in the areas of preventative and predictive maintenance.
* Ensure safety of all employees and contractors working in operating unit or department by driving continuous improvement towards a true safety culture. This includes supporting all corporate safety programs; developing SOP's, identifying and eliminating hazards, and enforcing all safety rules.
* Ensure compliance with all standards and programs (safety, environmental, quality, maintenance and manufacturing policies and procedures) within area of responsibility.
* Supervise and develop mechanical maintenance department personnel, including training, performance management and scheduling activities. Assist with hiring process.
* Schedule and assign preventative/predictive maintenance: including working with hydraulics, electrical, pneumatic, power-transmissions, welding, fabrication, vibration analysis, balancing, alignment, oil analysis and non destructive testing (NDT).
* Oversee department inventory and inventory control.
* Prepare departmental reports for internal distribution.
* Supervise construction and installation of new equipment.
* Recommend and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
* Work cooperatively with other departments to meet plant objectives, diagnose complex equipment problems, meet plant goals and manage department budget.
* Maintain and manage equipment file system including: mechanical drawings, vendor manuals and information and change documents.
* Maintain knowledge of industry-wide technological developments.
* Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
* Perform other duties as necessary.
* Effective leadership, interpersonal, and motivational skills.
* Must demonstrate job stability throughout career.
* Knowledge of plant equipment, operations and predictive/preventative maintenance systems.
* Knowledge of continuous operation manufacturing process and improvement process.
* Knowledge of safety, quality and environmental requirements.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to use computer and supporting software for communication and analytical functions.
* Demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
* Proven budgeting and financial analysis skills.
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints & P&ID schematics.
BSdegree in Mechanical Engineering ideal. Will consider other disciplines in Engineering.
* 4+ years' predictive/preventative maintenance systems experience.
* 3 plus years of supervisory experience in an Industrial Manufacturing setting.
Our client is willing to assist with relocation. For immediate consideration, please submit a word document resume directly through this posting.