This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
We are hiring a Mechanical Technician in our Cranston RI facility. The Mechanical Technician will be working in our state of the art R&D facility. Under the general supervision of the Manager of Physics and Modeling (within the Innovations and New Ventures organization), the Mechanical Technician will be responsible for conducting basic and applied testing in support of the companys activities, as directed, by performing the following duties directly, or through subordinates when so directed. The Technician will also work with data acquisition equipment.
* Reads and interprets test plans and procedures, determines set-up and gives feedback to design and engineering to finalize plans and procedures.
* Conducts, and directs others in the conduct of testing of products in accordance with supplied procedures. This function includes assembly of test items, acquisition/procurement of test equipment, set-up of tests, running test, data collection, tear down of test systems, and other incidental tasks.
* Uses computerized and analog data acquisition methods to collect data, including programming of data acquisition software for specific tests.
* Collects and reduces operational and test data and information.
* Works with, and directs when required, other technicians and personnel to meet program requirements.
* Assesses test accuracy by analysis of equipment and measurements.
* Prepares test reports in accordance with established formats.
* Assists in the preparation and presentation of reports when required, conducts demonstrations of hardware and test equipment when needed.
* Performs all job functions in accordance with established operating procedures.
* Identifies and assists in remediation of any and all safety hazards in the work place.
* Trains lower grades as required.
* Maintains laboratory notebook of test data and related information.
* Perform other duties as directed.
Associates degree in a technical discipline or five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Machine Shop experience is a plus.
Skills in electronic/mechanical systems, diagnostics and data acquisition. Solid basic math skills. Problem solving skills. Proficient in MS office programs such as Word and Excel. Ability to multi-task.