This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
WS Packaging Group Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
In this role, the Field Service Technician is responsible for performing general duties required in the field service and support, training, development, manufacture, and assembly of WS Packaging Group - Automated System s pressure sensitive label application and product handling equipment.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Provide installation, service, technical assistance, repair, and training on pressure sensitive label application equipment at Customer s facilities
* Conduct and support demonstration of machines
* Preferred a thorough understanding of a variety of pressure sensitive label applicators in the packaging industry, label application methods, and integration of labeling equipment to packaging lines
* When not performing field service, the person in this role with assist production with the assembly of label application equipment, peripheral equipment, and systems
* Read, understand, and update engineering drawings and schematics used in the equipment assembly process
* Participation in the maintenance, cleaning and organization of the production facilities and systems
* Support application issues of those customers that utilize WS Packaging s pressure sensitive labels
* Other projects as assigned by manager
Duties may be change or additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As needed, domestic and international travel up to 75% is required to provide support to our customers. Must be flexible to work the hours necessary to meet customer requirements providing service and training - work hours may include evenings and weekends as necessary.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
2 years of technical school training is desirable and/or 5 years of experience servicing and repairing pressure sensitive label application equipment and providing customer support in a similar role.
Thorough understanding of prime label application techniques, high speed labeling, promotional labeling, and print and apply applications preferred. Must have the ability to travel on short notice.
* Thorough knowledge of PLC controlled equipment, applications and their service.
* Strong grasp of electro-mechanical packaging machinery and systems, as well as integration, troubleshooting and repair of the same.
* Must be team oriented, very detailed, and organized, yet able to productively work individually.
Time and priority management skills are critical.
* Basic computer skills including understanding of PLC programming and CAD software.
* Must be versed in working with various tools required for electro/mechanical servicing of labeling and packaging equipment.
* Ability to interface well with all internal and external customers.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills are required.
Works in a manufacturing environment and will be required to wear hearing, foot, and/or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to loud. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Must be able to work overtime as required by workload and customer mandated deadlines. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WS Packaging Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.