Mechanical Test Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOBHAM is seeking a MECHANICAL TEST ENGINEER that will support test and verification activities for our mechanical systems in Aerial Refueling and Life Support product lines. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
* Works with Program Management and cross functional teams to execute qualification and certification programs.
* Supports development of program verification plans: defining tasks, resource requirements, test events, test configuration, hardware planning, test facility selection, coordination and all appropriate documentation.
* Works directly with customers and suppliers to manage verification of system-level and component-level qualification programs.
* Supports the organizing and leading of complex and dynamic activities for the qualification and certification of designs.
* Leads or assists in root cause problem solving activities using industry accepted methods, processes and techniques.
* Performs failure tracking, participates in failure review boards, and makes recommendations for regression testing or analysis.
* Drives and determines appropriate verification methods and success criteria to effectively manage product quality and compliance.
* Oversees execution of qualification activities for both on-site and off-site functional and environmental tests, engineering analyses, inspections and demonstration events.
* Generates and provides input to test plans, procedures, and reports.
* Lifts a minimum of 25 lbs. occasionally.
* Travel of up to 30%.
* B.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering, or technical degree from an ABET accredited institution.
* 2 years aerospace mechanical systems design verification experience.
* Experience authoring test plans, procedures and reports that comply with FAA, DO and MIL standards.
* Experience executing test plans and procedures that comply with FAA, DO and MIL standards.
* Experience interpreting contracts, Statements of Work, Specifications and Design Documentation.
* This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* Experience with DOORS requirements management software a plus.
* Experience with Product Data Management (PDM).
* Experience with aerospace electrical systems, fuel, electro-mechanical systems, hydraulics, and controls.
* Experience with MIL-STD-810, DO-160 and MIL-STD-461.
* Experience with FAA Conformity and Certification (14 CFR Part 25).
* Experience with DoD Air Worthiness (MIL-STD-516).
* Ability to work in an office, lab, and indoor industrial environment.
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
COBHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EMBRACES DIVERSITY IN OUR EMPLOYEE POPULATION. IT IS THE POLICY OF COBHAM TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR GENETIC INFORMATION. COBHAM WILL REFRAIN FROM DISCHARGING, OR OTHERWISE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST, EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCUSS, OR DISCLOSE THEIR COMPENSATION OR THE COMPENSATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS.
SEE ALL OF OUR LATEST OPPORTUNITIES AT WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS OR FOLLOW US ON OUR LINKEDIN PAGE AT WWW.LINKEDIN.COM/COMPANY/COBHAM
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST APPLY BY GOING TO WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Recruiter: Scott Pavlick