This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
Redwood City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
Reporting to the Sr. Director for US Breast and Colon Marketing, the Associate Director/Sr. Product Manager, Medical Marketing will be an individual contributor, directly responsible for providing comprehensive strategic and tactical management of medical marketing initiatives to support the business objectives of the Breast and Colon operating unit.
In this role, the Associate Director/Sr. Product Manager will develop content and manage execution of medical marketing materials including slide decks, case study databases and publication files. In addition, he or she will be responsible for content development of advisory boards and speaker trainings and for the engagement of key opinion leaders. Success in this position will require attention to organizational planning, detail and the ability to carry out multiple tasks in parallel. Competitive candidates will possess relevant experience in oncology medical education and/or marketing, with a demonstrated ability to master complex scientific material and convey these concepts to others in a compelling, understandable manner.
Given the extensive contact the Marketing Department has with multiple internal and external parties, strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills are essential. The Associate Director/Sr. Product Manager should enjoy working collaboratively and professionally in a fast paced matrix environment. To support departmental activities he/she will convey verbal & written requests and other information to internal and external parties on a routine basis.
* Provide content development, tactical execution and project management for medical education programs and tools (eg. slide decks, publications, advisory boards, satellite symposia and speaker trainings) directed at key opinion leaders and target customer audiences (e.g. oncologists, surgeons, pathologists, oncology fellows, radiation oncologists).
* Develop/maintain strong service-oriented relationships across matrix teams (Commercial Sales/Marketing, Sales Training and Medical Affairs) and external customers, vendors, medical associations/societies, etc. to ensure all objectives and projects are completed on time and within budget.
* Develop in-depth knowledge on clinical data associated with the Oncotype DX Breast and Colon assays.
* Partner with Marketing team members in development and execution of market research projects.
* Partner with the Breast and Colon Brand Teams and Medical Affairs to develop and effectively engage key opinion leaders and leadership at key professional societies.
* Attend outside meetings and prepare reports as needed to convey scientific or competitive information that may affect our markets.
* Prepare verbal and written requests and other information to internal and external parties on a routine basis.
* As requested, create departmental memoranda and presentations sometimes with only basic outlines to work from in creating new correspondence.
* Coordinate regulatory & legal review of new or revised materials in a timely fashion.
* Manage all programs and projects within the assigned budget as well as leverage field opportunities to maximize resource utilization.
* BA or BS required. Advanced degree preferred (MS, MBA, PhD, MD, Pharm D) or equivalent. Position level will be determined based on experience.
* Minimum of 10+ years of experience in medical education with a strong track record and accessible references.
* Oncology market experience is a must with strong preference for candidates who have worked directly with breast key opinion leaders in the USA.
* Excellent teamwork and interaction skills to lead cross functional teams and interface effectively with internal partners including Sales, Breast and Colon Brand Teams, Medical Affairs/Communications, Marketing Services, Company Executives and outside agencies and
* Exceptional organizational/project management skills. Ability to multi-task multiple projects and deliverables at once. Strong initiative, critical thinking, and problem-solving ability. Sense of ownership in driving projects to completion.
* Proven analytic skills with scientific papers and market intelligence. Ability to simplify complex data and tell a compelling story.
* Market research experience is desirable.
* Superior written and verbal communication skills with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed.
* Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
* A demonstrated willingness to exercise initiative in cases where decisions need to be made and supervisors are not available to consult, coupled with the tact and judgment to do so appropriately.
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Travel Requirements: 30-40% overnight travel.
* Standing or sitting at a desk or extended periods of time may be necessary.
* Some lifting (greater than 25 pounds) may be necessary; Facilities, Materials and Engineering employees occasionally must lift at least 50-75 pounds.
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit,www.GenomicHealth.comand follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth,Facebook,YouTubeandLinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees work life and personal life needs. To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.