Media \u0026 Public Relations Specialist 9/7/2016
Eastman Kodak Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Media u0026amp; Public Relations Specialist
Kodak offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the revitalization of an iconic global company. We combine the strength of a brand that is recognized and beloved around the world with the excitement and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We are stable, profitable, optimistic about the future and looking for professionals with energy, ideas and ambition to help us take next steps in completing our transformation.
We re building a culture which values creativity in all its forms, having a global perspective, a focus on sustainability, and the kind of trust that enables us to succeed by taking calculated risks. Kodak has a rich heritage of leadership and innovation, but is also, in many ways, still inventing itself. At this stage of our comeback, Kodak is truly a place where you can make a difference.
Innovative material science technologies that are creating new possibilities for 3D printing. An ongoing love affair with Hollywood directors who prefer to shoot movies on film. Exciting products that help make the print business cleaner and more sustainable. An iconic brand lending credibility to new products in a range of consumer categories. Kodak has an exciting story to tell and we need a resourceful, versatile, self-motivated communications professional to help us tell it.
The Media Relations/Public Relations Specialist will be a member of the team responsible for communications on a global basis.This will include cultivating collaborative working relationships with media, responding to media requests and proactively pitching stories to media.
* Identification of media targets for specific story angles
* Maintain media lists for each business segment and topic
* Writing and editing press releases
* Participating in message development
* Participating in calls with divisional executives
* Preparing briefing documents for executives
* Event coordination
* Tradeshow PR (media outreach, set up exec. interviews, etc.)
* Organizational support (project tracking, reports, etc.)
The Media Relations/Public Relations Specialist position will report to the Director of Strategic Worldwide Communications.
Requirements for this position:
* Bachelor s degree
* 4+ years of experience in public relations, preferably in a PRAgency
* Strong writing and editing skills
* Proactivity in offering new ideas
* A can-do attitude
* Flexibility to adapt to changing needs and priorities
* Ability to manage timelines and meet deadlines while juggling multiple projects
* Detail-oriented, collaborative team player
* Flexible vacation policy (limited only by supervisor s approval)
* Unlimited vacation policy (limited only by supervisor s approval)
* Flexibility regarding working remotely
* 10 paid holidays
* Competitive salary
* Full medical, dental, disability insurance
* Retirement benefits, including automatically vested Cash Balance pension and 401k
* Annual variable pay program
Eastman Kodak Company (Kodak) is committed to providing a work environment that is free from unlawful discrimination and harassment in any form. It is Kodak s policy to comply with all applicable laws that provide equal opportunity in employment for all persons and to prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment. Kodak s policy is not to discriminate by reason of race, color, religion, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. In addition, in each country in which it operates, Kodak will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting employment discrimination based on any other factor.