Medical Administrative Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 5/18/2017
Kings Bay, GA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Medical Administrative Support candidates to support the US Navy , located at Kings Bay, Georgia
* Complete routine data preparation, distribution and file maintenance.
* While patients are checking in, process patient s information into data systems, process, scan and perform online edits.
* Input demographic data into the automated systems during patient check in.
* Input scheduling, rescheduling, and canceling patient appointments and enter doctor s schedules in the automated appointment and scheduling systems when received.
* While speaking with the patient, enter telephone consults for providers into the automated system.
* Assist nurses in replying to telephone consults and contacting patients for preventive medicine and chronic disease management reminders.
* Input order request for laboratory tests, radiology, EKG request, into the automated system when received. Upon receipt, use automated modules to enter forms per provider s diagnosis.
* Enter data into Excel, Access databases and the Health Fitness Assessment (Wellness Center) database daily.
* At beginning of each workday, verify previous day appointments have been cleared in the system.
* Retrieve health information from the system utilizing the department/clinic Standard Operating Procedures.
* Transfer information with the TRICARE system, including DEERS checks.
* Comply with specific task criteria, schedules, and instructions shall be included in the MTF s SOP.
* Prioritized by the DGR to ensure that critical tasks are completed in a timely manner.
* Provide appointment support services and production control support to the department.
* Enter appointments taken from patient incoming telephone calls, and written or typed patient registration/clinical information form.
* Maintain procedure manuals and keep abreast of Department policies and procedures regarding medical appointments.
* Perform data entry, verification, updates, and editing of patient data. Add (register) new patients as required.
* Apply DoD Access to Care policies.
* Maintain logs and files in conjunction with the patient appointment process.
* Maintain routine data for distribution.
* Prior to the end of the shift, provide a daily job status report which will reflect the number and types of jobs backlogged each day, incomplete activity, and the status of special interest jobs.
* Book appointments in compliance with TRICARE business practices and schedule of appointments procedures.
* Maintain current compliance with all training as directed by Naval Hospital Jacksonville, FL and BUMED.
* Complete daily in/out attendances logs and ensure the attendance logs are provided to the DGR.
* Possess a High School Diploma or GED certificate
* Maintain current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
* Possess skills in oral and written communication sufficient to prepare and present findings using Microsoft Office Suite accordingly.
* Possess knowledge of the operational principle of all standard office equipment such as desk top computers, typewriter, fax, scanner, printers, office copiers, and data transcribing procedures.
* Clearance: NACI
* Must be US Citizen
* Possess one (1) year of experience in one of the following areas: medical administrative support services, medical office management, medical front desk operations, medical records administrative and/or referral processing, tracking and closure.