This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Valley Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
* Job Summary:
* Performs a variety of clinical, technical and clerical functions in relation to patient care and general office duties in applicable Practice under the general guidance of the Practice Manager, and/or Staff Physician. In addition performs a variety of front desk activities that support the Practice and professional staff and performs a variety of essential services (checking-in, checking-out, etc.) as directed or requested by Practice Manager.
* High school diploma or equivalent and preferred completion of a formal Medical Assistant program that is recognized by the State of New Jersey. Completion of formal coursework in office management, database management or business. Computer literacy required.
* Special Skills:
* Medical Assistant: Certification as a Medical Assistant preferred.
* Outstanding interpersonal, service excellence behavior and customer service skills required. Strong communication * - both oral and written to convey information in a clear and concise manner to persons of varied age groups, customers and/or groups. Ability to create, maintain and support a high functioning team; establish and foster cooperative working relationships with staff and management; and function effectively as part of that team.
* BCLS certification required. Understanding of the operations of a medical practice preferred. Strong orientation towards the provisions of high quality, cost effective and comprehensive medical care. Ability to use effective organizational and time management skills to set priorities and respond quickly to urgent/emergent situations. Strong communication both oral, written and presentation skills to convey information in a clear and concise manner to persons of varied age groups, customers and/or groups. Ability to create, maintain and support a high functioning team; establish and foster cooperative working relationships with staff and management; and function effectively as part of that team. Demonstrates behavior that is courteous, caring, respectful, and compassionate at all times.
Valley is an equal opportunity employer. Valley does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, liability for military service, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.