This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: Performs a wide variety of medical assisting activities during patient visits in an outpatient clinical setting. Involves extensive interaction with diverse populations including patients, medical staff practitioners and medical center personnel.
At BIDMC, a Medical Assistant in a hospital-based practice is not authorized to perform duties that can be performed only by licensed personnel, which includes, but is not limited to, drawing up medications and/or medication administration or flushing an IV. Medical Assistants may retrieve medications (scheduled VI and over the counter only) under the supervision of a licensed provider.
* Performs a wide variety of activities during patient visits and procedures. May include, but is not limited, to vital signs, height and weight, EKGs, phlebotomy and assisting during routine procedures.
* Performs appropriate departmental screening, lab tests and specimen collection. Implements quality control standards as required. Provides patients with relevant instructions for specific tests and procedures.
* Schedules follow-up tests and appointments using hospital systems. May contact patients with appointment reminders.
* Procures and correlates medical correspondences from Health Information Management, providers and administration as directed by department.
* Actively assists and supports licensed practitioners by queuing prescriptions for renewal and performing the initial review of medication listings for accuracy in the electronic medical record (Web OMR).
* High School diploma or GED required. Vocational or Technical training in Medical Assistant Training preferred.
* Certificate 1 Medical Assistant Certificate required.
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
* Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
The Department of OB/GYN at BIDMC is looking for a Medical Assistant to fill an essential role on our team. The Department provides specialty OB care at a our 1 Brookline Place locations we are looking for an experienced medical assistant to help support this practice.
The Department of OB/GYN provides specialty consultative care to high-risk obstetric patients at One Brookline Place in Boston. The department is proud to be able to offer patients a wide range of treatment options tailored to each patient s specific needs in a caring and compassionate environment.
The Medical Assistant will responsible for a wide variety of MA activities and clinic support in a fast-paced and engaging environment. Thus, the ideal candidate must have excellent clinical skills, be highly dependable, and have strong organizational skills. A positive, team-oriented attitude is must.
Candidates must hold a certificate in Medical Assisting and 1+ years of MA experience including phlebotomy. OB/GYN experience is preferred. Salary will be commensurate with experience and will account for required travel.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf