Medical Assistant - ECHA - Colgate Pediatrics
EINSTEIN NEIGHBORHOOD HEALTHCARE (ECHA) IS OUR PRIMARY CARE NETWORK PROVIDING CARE TO INDIVIDUALS OF ALL AGES, FROM INFANTS TO SENIOR CITIZENS. OUR NETWORK OF PHYSICIANS INCLUDES FAMILY PRACTICE DOCTORS, INTERNISTS, OBSTETRICIANS, GYNECOLOGISTS AND PEDIATRICIANS. OUR PRACTICE SITES ARE LOCATED THROUGHOUT NORTHWEST, NORTH AND NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA, EASTERN MONTGOMERY COUNTY AND LOWER BUCKS COUNTY. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Providing direct patient care in a professional manner according to established policies, procedures, and standards of care
* Performing venipuncture, injections, EKGs, point of care testing, recording vital signs/medical data, and other medical office procedures as directed by the clinical physician and/or supervisor
* Working with other clinical staff in a team approach to provide excellent patient care and assist one another with day to day patient care concerns
* Providing service to the following age population(s): pediatric, adolescent, adult, older adult and frail elderly in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served
* Job descriptions are subject to change with continued Activation Planning. Modifications may be made at any time based on operational and patient needs.
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* Pediatrics experience preferred
* HS diploma or equivalent required
* Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assistants (5 years of continuous MA work in a very similar setting may be considered as equivalent to an accredited MA program) is required
* Knowledge/familiarity with ICD9 codes, CPT coding and medical terminology is required
* Ability to perform clinical functions such as venipuncture, finger sticks, injections and lab/specimen prep, as well as successful completion of computer-based clinical skills testing is required
* General typing (28 WPM) preferred; filing and reception skills, spelling, grammar and telephone etiquette skills, and strong customer service skills are required
* Must pass ECHA's Medical Assistant Skills test administered by the RAP Ctr.
* Medical Assistants schedules may include occasional evenings and/or weekends and may require assignment to other office locations to ensure safe staffing levels and optimal business operation - required
* Current certification from the Medical Association of Medical Assistants preferred
* Current CPR certification through the American Heart Association required, or renewal must be obtained within 60 days of employment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.