Medical Assistant - Einstein Physicians Montgomery - Bilingual in Korean
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 5/19/2017
Einstein Healthcare Network
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
EINSTEIN PHYSICIANS MONTGOMERY IS OUR PRIMARY CARE NETWORK PROVIDING CARE TO INDIVIDUALS OF ALL AGES, FROM INFANTS TO SENIOR CITIZENS. OUR NETWORK OF PHYSICIANS INCLUDES FAMILY PRACTICE DOCTORS, INTERNISTS, OBSTETRICIANS, GYNECOLOGISTS AND PEDIATRICIANS. OUR PRACTICE SITES ARE LOCATED THROUGHOUT NORTHWEST, NORTH AND NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA, NORRITON, EASTERN MONTGOMERY COUNTY AND LOWER BUCKS COUNTY. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Providing direct patient care in a professional manner according to established policies, procedures, and standards of care
* Performing venipuncture, injections, recording vital signs/medical data, and performing other medical office procedures as directed by the clinical physician and/or supervisor
* Working with other clinical staff in a team approach to provide excellent patient care and assist one another with day to day patient care concerns
* Performing front desk responsibilities when needed, will be cross trained to support front desk staff on a regular basis
* Providing service to the following age population(s): pediatric, adolescent, adult, older adult and frail elderly in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* HS diploma or equivalent required
* Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assistants (5 years of continuous MA work in a very similar setting may be considered as equivalent to an accredited MA program) is required
* Knowledge/familiarity with ICD9 codes, CPT coding and medical terminology is required
* Ability to perform clinical functions such as venipuncture, finger sticks, injections and lab/specimen prep, as well as successful completion of computer based clinical skills testing is required
* General typing (28 WPM) preferred; filing and reception skills, spelling, grammar and telephone etiquette skills, and strong customer service skills are required
* Medical Assistants' schedules may include occasional evenings and/or weekends and may require assignment to other office locations to ensure safe staffing levels and optimal business operation: Required
* Current CPR certification through the American Heart Association is required, or renewal must be obtained within 60 days of employment
* Bilingual in Korean required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.