Medical Assistant I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Community of Hope Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary:
The Medical Assistant I is responsible for performing a variety of complex patient care and administrative activities to assist providers, patients and staff. This position also assists in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management and provides clinical training to other staff. This position is located at our Family Health and Birth Center. This is a full-time position.
Highlighted Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepares patients for examination and treatment by taking the patient's history and vital signs.
* Supplies provider with necessary forms and information to accomplish visit;
* Cleans up exam and treatment and rooms after patient encounter;
* Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments according to policy and procedure manual and/or as instructed by provider;
* Provides nursing care to all patients including, but not limited to, EKGs, wound dressing, assisting providers with minor procedures, and administering nebulizer treatment to asthmatic patients as ordered by providers;
* Does weekly checks of the emergency equipment cart and all supplies when assigned to this task;
* Cleans, prepares, and autoclaves instruments used during procedures;
* Observes, records, and reports patient's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physician;
* Performs vaccine and medication administration on patients of all ages when ordered by a provider;
* Responds to patient messages and prescription refill requests;
* Attends clinic staff meetings and COH all staff meetings.
* Medical Assistant Diploma from an accredited college or university;
* High school diploma or equivalent;
* 2 years experience in a medical office practice or hospital settings preferred. Experience in Primary Care practice preferred;
* CPR required;
* Commitment to work with underserved populations;
* Ability to work in a non-profit environment;
* Participation in appropriate continuing medical education.
* Medical Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
* Dental Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
* Vision Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
* Life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance;
* 403(b) Retirement Plan;
* Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursable expenses;
* Transportation pre-tax payroll deduction for metro;
* Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave and holidays;
* Tuition Reimbursement for graduate studies;
* And much more!
Community of Hope is a rapidly growing, innovative, and mission driven nonprofit. For 35 years, we have provided health-care, housing, and supportive services for low-income, underserved, and homeless families in Washington, DC. We currently operate a variety of housing programs and three community health centers, which offer medical, dental, behavioral health, and birth services. Through providing these programs and supportive services, we continue our mission of helping and enabling people achieve good health, a stable home, family sustaining income, and hope.
Community of Hope was selected as one of the Washington Post's 150 Top Workplaces in 2014 and 2016. We received the 2012 Wa