Medical Assistant/Office Coordinator - Full Time - Framingham
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Partners Community Physicians Organization(PCPO)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW:
This candidate must be fluent in Portuguese. The Office Coordinator is a working supervisor who participates in the daily operations of and also directs, plans, and coordinates the work of office staff in a physician office. In addition to supervisory functions, performs one or more of these roles in the office: (1) Patient Service Representative, (2) Medical Assistant Flow Coordinator, or (3) Phlebotomist.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* In addition to supervisory functions, performs one of these roles in the office: (1) Patient Service Representative, (2) Medical Assistant Flow Coordinator, or (3) Phlebotomist.
* Actively participates in the daily operation of the offices, including billing, answering phones, etc. as appropriate. Provides assistance to office staff members in order to ensure the office runs orderly for the physicians and patients.
* Supervises the daily operation of the offices, including helping staff establish deadlines for work assignment and completion, and monitoring work status and progress. Re-allocates staff resources as appropriate based on daily physician schedules, time-off, and capacity. Fosters teamwork between staff and physicians.
* With assistance from the Operations Manager and Human Resources, responsible for managing personnel related activities including, scheduling hours, accurate timekeeping, attendance, time off requests, leave of absences, employee relations issues, performance evaluations, and overtime management.
* Manages office level billing procedures, patient registration, diagnosis coding, applicable collection of co-payment and outstanding balances from patients while ensuring full compliance with established cash control policies and procedures. Monitors various billing functions.
* Oversees and maintains the practices appointment scheduling system including assisting in determining bookable time. Compiles management reports and responsible for execution of and monitoring practice-wide initiatives in the office.
* Works with Operations, Administration, and Workflow to develop enhanced workflow mechanisms and procedures to increase office efficiency and assists staff in understanding and implementing organizational policies and procedures. Responsible for standardizing processes and procedures when appropriate.
* Functions as the liaison between physicians, administration, human resources, billing, credentialing, IS, accounts payable, and other areas for the office.
* Assists in the recruiting, hiring and training and development of staff.
* Responsible for managing expenses, purchasing, and completing and submitting month end financial statements if necessary.
* Ensures that patients are treated courteously by office staff and that other visitors are screened and properly directed. Promotes a customer service orientation among staff members.
* Maintains the physical property and equipment of the office including arranging for routine and emergency maintenance with landlord and outside vendors.
* Manages physician call and coverage schedules.
* Ensures office is in compliance with regulatory requirements, including safety, OSHA, HIPAA, employment and labor laws, state and federal guidelines.
* Ensures that requests for information are handled promptly and effectively.
* Manages expenses, maintains office supply inventory, and monitors accounts payable activity to ensure adherence to proper fiscal controls.
* Ensures mail is opened and processed, and offices are opened and closed according to procedures.
* Actively participates in patient complaint procedures.
* Identifies, analyzes, and resolves work problems.
* Assists staff in maintaining ongoing quality assurance program.
* Attends office manager meetings and disseminates information to staff.
* Follows patient identification protocol, maintains confidentiality, and upholds compliance standards according to policy.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Must be fluent in Portuguese.
* 3 years of previous medical office experience required.
* Must have phlebotomy skills
* Management training or coursework preferred.
* Graduate from a medical assistant training program strongly preferred.
* Previous management or leadership experience preferred.
LICENSURE /CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* Active Medical Assistant credential a must.
* Demonstrated knowledge of health care industry, government and reimbursement regulations and requirements, HIPAA/OSHA regulations.
* Exceptional computer skills including MS Office, electronic medical record.
* Must have demonstrated billing experience and knowledge including the ability to understand different insurance plans and referral procedures.
* Ability to understand and interpret policies and regulations.
* Skills in planning, organizing, delegating and supervising.
* Skill in verbal and written communication.
* Flexible, customer service orientated, positive attitude.
* Ability to work effectively with staff, patients, public and external agencies.
* Strong customer service, telephone, and etiquette skills.
* Ability to communicate clearly and confidentially.
* Stays abreast of regulatory and industry changes in healthcare.
Frequent standing, walking, sitting. Manual finger dexterity required. Occasional squatting, bending, twisting, and reaching.
Medical office setting. Equal Opportunity Employer