Medical Assistant - Part Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMedical Assistant - Part Time
Job Id: 44615
At Concentra\'s Community-Based Outpatient Clinic, you'll have the opportunity to serve our nation's veterans with the same high level of care they have shown while serving our country. We are seeking healthcare professionals who are driven and committed to ensure the health and wellbeing of these selfless men and women.
As a Medical Support Specialist you will:
* Welcome patients and prepare them for exam
* Obtain medical histories from patients; verify patient information
* Prepare, assist, and accurately complete all forms
* Support patient care delivery
* Assist providers during examinations and treatment
* Take vital signs and perform all ancillary tests appropriate to skill level, certifications and state regulations
* Perform ancillary testing and tasks as ordered by the Center Medical Director (PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, blood draws, etc.) and as certified
* Assist in surgery set-up and injury care as directed by the treating providers
* Dispense medications within the scope of practice as ordered by the treating providers and in accordance with state regulations
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
* Fast paced
* Clinical office environment
* High school graduate or GED
* Graduate of an accredited certificate program
* Two years of continuous experience in clinical operations or medical office work post externship
* Basic Life Support certification from American Heart Association
* 401(k) with Employer Match
If you re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.