Medical Assistant - Pavilion - Lakewood (Days)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Provides care for patients presenting to the clinic setting. Works with clients and collects and records important health information data. Incorporates patient education into the plan of care. Works as part of the physician and nursing team. Maintains clinic supplies and equipment. Works in a team oriented environment with excellent customer service skills and multi-tasking abilities.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program
* Active RMA (Registered Medical Assistant) or NRCMA (Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant) Certification [Beginning 1/1/2013, all new hires are required to possess this certification and maintain for continued employment]
* Current BCLS certification upon hire & maintained for continued employment
* Proficient in Microsoft applications and basic computer skills
* Ability to perform POCT, immunizations & injections
* Ability to work independently, prioritize and problem-solve
* Excellent organization skills
* Considerable ability to provide superior customer service skills
* If the position is responsible for radiologic functions, employee must have receive the radiology certification or training in their Medical Assistant program or receive training validated through radiology competency checklist
8:00AM - 5:00PM