Medical Assistant Pedi - Full Time - Natick 9/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW:
The Medical Assistant works as part of the healthcare team by assisting in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of physician and by performing various administrative tasks to ensure smooth patient and work flow within the department.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Coordinates pre-visit preparations including addressing the special needs of patients (ie comfort measures, communication, and other appropriate issues) and ensuring relevant labs and tests are scheduled and completed prior to office visit.
* Takes patient history, measures vital signs such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height, and records information on patient charts.
* Prepares treatment rooms with appropriate instruments and materials for examination of patients.
* Assists physicians and nurses with minor diagnostic procedures and treatments and by handing instruments and materials to doctor as directed.
* Cleans and restocks exam room.
* Completes inventories and orders medical supplies and materials.
* Maintains the strictest confidentiality of any and all patient records, including but not limited to treatment, diagnosis, history, medication, and financial status.
* Performs routine laboratory tests such as urine collection, EKGs (electrocardiograms), phlebotomy, and injections.
* Performs other front office tasks such as scheduling and completing insurance forms.
* Enters data into the computer to maintain office and patient records.
* Regular attendance and punctuality required.
* Performs all other duties and tasks requested to ensure the efficient overall performance of the practice.
* 1 year of experience working in a medical practice preferred.
* Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program or certification as a Medical Assistant through a national accredited certifying body.
* Knowledge of physician policies and procedure including general knowledge of billing, insurance coding, and medical terminology.
* Ability to read and interpret documents including patient charts and insurance forms.
* Must be able to make fast educated decisions in emergency situations.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively verbally, both over the phone and in-person, as well as in writing.
* Knowledge of safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
* Strong computer and typing skills, with previous electronic scheduling and electronic medical record system preferred.
* Ability to prioritize work and respond to changing needs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of body motion, including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires frequent standing and walking. Requires occasional lifting. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids.
Occasional evening or weekend work. Occasional travel to cover other practice sites. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to an office environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer