Medical Assistant - Rowley, MA (406 Haverhill St.) - 40 hours/week
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
North Shore Physicians Group(NSPG)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
Under the direction of a registered nurse, physician, or mid level provider, the Medical Assistant I is responsible for assisting physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and nurses with evaluation, management, and treatment of patients during and between office visits and other tasks consistent with his / her training and skills. His / her primary roles are to assure efficient patient flow through the office, function as a "flow manager", to maintain neat, clean, and safe patient care areas, and to promote patient satisfaction by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner consistent with their needs.
* Excellent critical thinking skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Document all patient communications and clinical treatments accurately and appropriately
* Comply with established risk management and safety procedures
* Comply with all local, state and federal privacy and confidentiality rules and regulations
* Sound judgment and problem solving ability
* Ability to prioritize tasks in a complex and busy environment and see them through to completion
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Maintain or obtain CPR certification and participate in site-based CPR drills.
* Clinical skills include but are not limited to:
* Applies the principles of aseptic/sterile technique and infection control at all times.
* Performs sterilization of medical equipment
* Complies with all quality control programs
* Educates the patient within the scope of practice and as directed by supervising provider in health maintenance, disease prevention, disease management and compliance with the patients treatment plan.