Medical Assistant- Specialty Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: Performs a wide variety of medical assisting activities and assists providers with special procedures during patient visits in an office-based clinical setting. At BIDMC, a Medical Assistant in a hospital-based practice is not authorized to perform duties that can be performed only by licensed personnel, which includes but is not limited to, drawing up medications and/or medication administration or flushing an IV.
* Performs a wide variety of activities during patient visits. Sets up and assists providers and monitors patients during and following routine and special procedures. Performs phlebotomy, vital signs, height and weight, suture removal and dressing changes as needed.
* Cleans, disinfects and inspects medical equipment and instruments used for patient care between each patient use according to guidelines required by the unit. Prepares equipment to be sent out of unit for sterilization. Inspects equipment on a routine basis for damage or repairs.
* Performs appropriate departmental screening, lab tests and specimen collection. Implements quality control standards as required. Provide patients with relevant instructions for specific tests and procedures.
* Schedules follow-up tests and appointments using hospital systems. Contacts patients with reminder appointments.
* Actively assists and supports licensed practitioners by queuing prescriptions for renewal and performing the initial review of medication listings for accuracy in the electronic medical record (Web OMR).
* Vocational or Technical training required in Medical Assistant Training Program.
* Certificate 1 required: Medical Assistant Certificate
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
The department of obstetrics and gynecology provides complete obstetric and gynecology services.
As the official hospital of the Boston Red Sox, we are welcoming the tiniest members of Red Sox nation into the world.
The department includes eight divisions in all specialty areas. Office locations include Boston, Brookline, Chelsea, Chestnut Hill, Lexington, Milton, Needham, Plymouth, and Roxbury.
We need a someone with a strong, Can do positive attitude that can multitask and work in a fast paced Department. High level communicating and interacting with our patients daily over the phone and in the clinic is essential. This role also supports the physicians, mid-level providers, Residents, and nurses and covers all other team members. This position is located on our main Boston BIDMC campus. Must be comfortable with doing procedures and high paced work flow.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf