Medical Assistant-Surgery Bram Admin 8/18/2016
Maine Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details:
* Summary of Position Description
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, assures that patients who are scheduled for appointments have all ordered tests performed and that all necessary test results are recorded in the patient s record. Assists with order entry and filing of faxed reports.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* High school graduate: prior successful work experience in a position which required strong organizational and human relation skills; and/or equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities.
Successful completion of a medical assistant program from an accredited vocational institution or community college.
Knowledge of unit policies, procedures and work routines at a level normally acquired through on to three months on the job experience.
Knowledge of medical terminology helpful.
* Ability to plan, organizes, and prioritize work.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment and demonstrates flexibility in the performance of duties.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, coworkers, physicians offices, booking department and the general public.
* Ability to analyze problems and make sound recommendations for solutions.
* Ability to communicate appropriately with supervisors
Medical Assistant-Surgery Bram Admin