Medical Assistant Travel North Valley and Antelope Area
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY - - - # Medical Assistant \- Travel \(North Valley and Antelope Area\) Department:
Monrovia Operational Shared Sv - - - # Description*
* Requisition ID:
* Job Title:
* Medical Assistant \- Travel/Float Pool*
* Full Time/Days \(40 hours per week\)*
* This role will require travel between our community practice offices\.
* The locations include offices in Santa Clarita, Mission Hills, Lancaster and Simi Valley area\.
* We are seeking experienced Medical Assistants who have worked in both the front and back office in a medical office setting\.*
* Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
* Back Office Responsibilities:
* Preparing patients to see the physicians facilitates lab test and other physician orders as need\. This role also assists the Clinical Director with clinical duties and procedures as directed\. Some of the main responsibilities associated with this role include:
preparing patients for exam or treatment, preparing the exam and treatment rooms by placing necessary instruments prior to appointments and obtaining patient documents and vital signs in EMR\. This role also performs basic nursing procedures including thermal applications, non\-sterile soaks and applications of simple dressings\.*
* Front Office Responsibilities:
* The Receptionist registers patients, answers the telephone, schedules patient appointments, and collects co\-pays\. Other duties associated with this role will include:
opening or closing the department each day, greeting patients as they arrive, verifying demographic and insurance information for new and established patients and assisting the Billing Department with patient payment at the time of service\.*
* Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* - High School Diploma or equivalent required\. - Training in oncology specialty\-specific assisting is a plus\. - Experience performing lab tests and processing lab and diagnostic study orders; working knowledge of managed care basics\. EMR \(Electronic Medical Records\) experience preferred\. Must have strong communication skills and computer skills\. - Medical Assistant Certificate required - American Heart Association BLS certification required\.*
* About City of Hope
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. \
* CB .