Medical Biller Collections - Full Time - Ashland
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
Partners Community Physicians Organization(PCPO)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY General Summary/Overview:
The position handles all collections from self pay accounts in a courteous and timely manner. The position manages phone and correspondence to resolve all self pay balances for final adjudication. This position requires the ability to work till 7:00p.m. two evenings a week.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Collecting past due balances via phone and written correspondence.
* Follow all departmental policies and procedures.
* Respond to customer inquiries promptly and with excellent customer service.
* Ability to maintain confidential information.
* Ability to provide attention to detail and prioritize work.
* Ability to collaborate with others to arrive at a conclusion using compromise, persuasion, rational.
* Ability to make sound and timely decisions.
* Ability to work independently with little supervision.
* Skill of developing and maintaining positive working relationships with our patients and co-workers.
* Must possess good customer service and telephone skills.
* Maintain acceptable call quality and meet deadlines as determined by the Manager.
* Make appropriate notations to patients accounts in billing collection system.
* Daily follow-up on unpaid patient balances.
* 2 or more years of collections experience needed.
* Understanding of both insurance and patient responsibility.
* Good math skills.
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team a must.
* Strong computer skills and organizational skills. Allscripts experience preferred.
* Excellent customer service attitude.
* Flexible and able to multitask.
* Basic understanding of medical billing.
Equal Opportunity Employer