Medical Billing Rep
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 26596-3290
The Ambulatory Surgery Division operates over 100 ambulatory surgery centers across the U.S. Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) perform surgeries that do not require hospital admission. They provide cost-effective services and a convenient environment. Procedures are performed in a fully equipped operating room and recovery is under the care of highly skilled nurses. Whether young or old or somewhere in between, patients and their families benefit from the comfortable environment ASCs have to offer. Surgeries performed include eye, ear, nose and throat (ENT), general surgery, gynecologic, plastic surgery, podiatry and orthopedics. Apply Now! Come Join our Team!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Contributes to the company by accurately billing all diagnosis and procedures from the medical record with proper ICD-9 and CPT-4 codes. The Biller is responsible for record maintenance daily charges, and preparing and submitting claims to third party payers. Other duties include: applying contractual adjustments, other adjustments, credit balance review, and audits to include refund requests as needed.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Assigns diagnosis and procedure codes for each case utilizing currently accepted structures while adhering to guidelines for correct assignment of codes.
* Submits insurance and patient bills.
* Transmits claims electronically or mails out paper claims within 48-72 hours
* Maintains charge entry on a daily basis.
* Applies contractual adjustments and other adjustments for managed care contracted patients.
* Monitors logs to make sure claims are submitted and received properly.
* Corrects rejected claims and re-bills in a timely manner.
* Follows-up with insurance companies to ensure receipt of bills within 28 days.
* Generates patient statements as required and makes financial arrangements with patients
* Posts refunds to accounts once a check is generated and ready for mailing.
* Ensures computer profiles and charges are set up, and enters concise and accurate notes in the comments section of the patient account in a timely manner.
* Informs the Business Office Director/Manager of all problems in a timely manner.
* Performs quality audits on admitting paperwork.
* Verifies that all supplies are correctly captured and billed.
* Ensures that all scheduled or performed cases are accounted for and billed.
* Documents all phone calls in the computer.
* Maintains daily communication with purchasing manager and A/P to ensure all supplies are captured and billed appropriately.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Organization Proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources and time.
* Communication Communicates clearly, concisely, and professionally.
* Analytical Skills Demonstrates ability to critically evaluate and act upon information.
* Customer Orientation Establishes long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently exceeding expectations.
* Decision Making Identifies issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action.
* Contributing to Team Success Actively participates as a member of the Center s team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
* Policies & Procedures Articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
* PC Skills Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) applications; knowledge of, or ability to learn, AdvantX Accounts Receivable System, Smart, HOST and other systems as required. Demonstrates ability to type on PC keyboard.
* Technical Skills
* General knowledge of ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS coding and medical terminology.
* Knowledge of third party billing practices, insurance companies, contracts and co-pays.
* Knowledge of and skill in using automated billing systems.
* Minimum of one to two years experience in a physician/medical office, ambulatory surgery center, or hospital business office environment in billing required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) may be required as per facility standard.
Last Edited: 08/29/2016