Medical Billing Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Surgical Care Affiliates
JOB DESCRIPTION_CAREER OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE \'PARTNER OF CHOICE FOR SURGICAL CARE\', SURGICAL CARE AFFILIATES (S.C.A.) AS A 'MEDICAL BILLING REPRESENTATIVE'. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS AT MINIMUM ONE YEAR OF MEDICAL BILLING EXPERIENCE EXPERIENCE. WE OFFER A GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDING HEALTH/DENTAL INSURANCE OPTIONS, PTO, 401K, AND MORE. ALL OF WHICH BEGIN ON YOUR VERY FIRST DAY OF EMPLOYMENT._
The 'MEDICAL BILLING REPRESENTATIVE' takes coded patient visits and enters the charges into the systems, submits the claim to the insurance company, and works on rejections they may receive with our A/R collections team. The medical biller position works in the revenue cycle department at our regional business office and works closely with our collections team. THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN CAMP HILL, PA IN THE HARRISBURG METRO AREA.
SCA owns and/or provides management services to 194 ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, and hospital surgery departments, in partnership with approximately 2,800 physicians and in affiliation with 105 health systems. SCA's clinical systems, service line growth strategies, benchmarking processes, and efficiency programs create measurable advantage for surgical facilities - clinically, operationally, and financially. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Pull information from the system and enter the charges, make any adjustments, utilize internal databases, optimize the codes and submit the claim electronically or by paper
* Prepares and completes claims for commercial insurance companies, third party organizations and/or government or self-payers
* Complete billing rejections and make corrections as needed
* Follow up on pending claims and work them to resolution
* Review the variance report and identify and report any trends found
* Consistently achieve defined metrics
* Minimum one year medical billing experience
* Thorough understanding of medical terminology and medical coding
* Working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Outlook, and Excel
* High school diploma or GED
* Associate Degree, diploma, or certificate in medical billing & coding, healthcare management, or related program
* Two or more years of medical billing experience
* Ability to effectively 10 key numbers into the system
* Prior experience with HSP helpful, but not required
* Ability to manage time effectively on the job
* Ability to work individually as well as with a team
* Ability to embrace SCA core company values: clinical quality, integrity, service excellence, teamwork, accountability, and continuous improvement