Medical Billing Specialist I - (Temp) - (Hunt Valley, MD)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 12/13/2016
Hunt Valley, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONQSI/NextGen Healthcare has a legacy of building software that improves patient care and reduces healthcare costs. Now, we re bringing the best of the cloud, social media and mobile to healthcare. Come build the future with us! Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
Medical Billing Specialist I (Temp) - (Hunt Valley, MD)
Perform medical billing and collection activities for assigned patient and insurance accounts. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with payers and/or clients.
* Reviews unpaid accounts to determine status and appropriate action required from work lists generated from practice management system.
* Contacts payers, use facility correspondence, via website, phone and/or correspondence, regarding reimbursement for unpaid accounts over thirty (30) days or as assigned.
* Receives, reviews, researches and responds to correspondence from insurance companies, attorneys and patients.
* Researches and follows-up on denials and requests for additional information utilizing the denial management reports and correspondence.
* Works with other Billing Operations staff to enhance the collection process to ensure timely reimbursement on accounts.
* Work requires the ability to read, write, and perform basic mathematics at a level generally acquired through a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
* Work requires medical collecting and standard office practices and procedures experience as generally acquired with one or more years of billing/collection experience preferably within a health care or insurance environment. College level education can be substituted on a year by year basis for experience.
* Work requires working knowledge of computers and demonstrated proficiency in using Email systems, Internet and Microsoft Office software applications with emphasis on Microsoft Word and Excel. Previous experience working with practice management software is preferred.
* Work requires demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (oral and written) with patients, clients and staff.
* Work requires good interpersonal skills deal effectively and courteously with business-related associates and staff members.
* Work requires incumbent to be self-motivated, organized and detailed-oriented and work well as a team player.
* High School Diploma
* Medical Billing experience
* NextGen Software experience preferred but not required
* Some college educaiton
* Prefers knowledge of healthcare carriers and payor requirements
* PC skills with Excel expertise
QSI/NextGen believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because QSI/NextGen believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.