Medical Billing Specialist II - (Hunt Valley, MD)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Hunt Valley, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONNextGen Healthcare has a legacy of building software that improves patient care and reduces healthcare costs. Now, we re bringing the best of the cloud, social media and mobile to healthcare. Come build the future with us! Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
Medical Billing Specialist II (Hunt Valley, MD)
As a Medical Billing Specialist you will perform collection activities for assigned patient and insurance accounts. You will also develop and maintain effective working relationships with payers and/or clients as deemed necessary by your supervisor.
* Perform audits on account receivable accounts, providing feedback and training documentation to better serve the client.
* Contact payers regarding reimbursement for unpaid accounts over thirty (30) das or as assigned
* Receives, reviews, researches and responds to correspondence from insurance companies, attorneys and patients.
* Provide feedback and constant communication with extended A/R staff to improve current policies and procedures.
* Utilize information relating to denial management reports and correspondence
* Work with other Billing Operations staff to enhance the collection process to ensure a timely reimbursement on accounts
* A minimum of one year of billing experience in the area medical collections
* Customer Service experience in an office setting
* High School Diploma or GED Certificate
* Basic math and accounting skills
* Basic knowledge of medical and billing terminology
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
* Ability to work independently as well as in a cross-functional team environment
* Experience working with practice management software
* Experience with NextGen software is highly desired
* Experience with A/R follow-up practices and procedures
* Experience with ICD 9/10 and CPT codes is highly desired
* Knowledge of healthcare carriers and payer requirements
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.