Medical Billing Supervisor - (North Canton, OH)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY QSI/NextGen Healthcare has a legacy of building software that improves patient care and reduces healthcare costs. Now, we re bringing the best of the cloud, social media and mobile to healthcare. Come build the future with us! Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
Medical Billing Supervisor (Canton, OH)
Coordinate and oversee the medical and billing collections activities for their designated clients by supervising a team of employees; overseeing workflows and administration of data entry, claim submissions, denial and exception management, collection processes and other activities to ensure compliance with company's best practice standards.
* Act as liaison between team members and management
* Oversee the daily workflow of medical billing and collections activities for designated group of clients. This includes but is not limited to assigning work, providing instructions to team members, prioritizing and coordinating with other vendors and teams as applicable. Ensure claims are processed properly for submission to payers, ensuring all acknowledgements, edits and payer reports are received and processed timely, monitoring performance and ensuring quality assurance standards and benchmarks are met.
* Examines data entry and collections processes to ensure accuracy and conformance to company policy and procedures. Assists in identifying areas for improvement, recommending solutions to management and developing policies and procedures applicable to the medical billing and collections area.
* Completes and analyzes reports and audits (related to clients and team stats) to ensure that client information is current, accurate
* and in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practices; identifies and assists in addressing errors and trends with outsource vendors, team members and clients; and reports denial trends, errors and other pertinent information to management in a timely manner.
* Responsible for daily supervision of two or more employees including hiring, onboarding, managing work schedules, counseling, coaching, training and developing team members. Prepares and delivers performance evaluations for team members. Provides regular feedback to team members regarding performance as needed to assure a high performing team.
* Maintains effective working relationships with internal and external clients. Responds to client questions and concerns in a thorough and timely manner. Handles escalations of issues that team is not able to resolve and escalates to manager when appropriate. Interacts with client staff-level contacts on a regular basis.
* Possess and apply comprehensive knowledge of the medical billing and collections process.
* 2-3 years of billing experience required
* Comprehensive understanding of medical billing and collections practices required
* Work requires strong analytical skills in order to complete tasks assigned, gather and interpret data from different sources and to resolve complex problems.
* Work requires excellent communication, writing and customer service skills in addition to strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of staff.
* Requires a High School Diploma or GED Certification
* Requires basic understanding of accounting and math skills.
* Work requires basic understanding of Medical and Billing Terminology.
* Work requires basic knowledge of Excel and Windows based programs.
* Work will possibly require monthly overtime.
* Ability to work independently as well as in a cross-functional team environment by collaborating with others and sharing skills and knowledge.
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills that demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative.
* Prior supervisory experience preferred
* Prior experience with practice management software preferred
* Bachelor's Degree
* Core competencies include: Intermediate MS Excel skills including but not limited to formulas, pivot tables, v-lookups. Intermediate MS Powerpoint skills including table creation, presentation finalization. Basic competency in statistical calculations including, mean, median, mode, standard deviation(s) or standard error(s)
QSI/NextGen believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because QSI/NextGen believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.