Medical Coder - Inpatient - Health Information Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 1/17/2017
Einstein Healthcare Network
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Einstein Healthcare Network is a private, not for profit organization with several major facilities and many outpatient centers. Our primary mission is to provide compassionate, high quality healthcare to the greater Philadelphia region. Einstein Healthcare Network promotes wellness. Research has shown that smoking is dangerous to the health of smokers and to others. Einstein campuses are Tobacco and Smoke Free.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
* Analyzing, abstracting and converting information from inpatient medical records into ICD_9CM and CPT-4 codes
* Assigning DRG classifications for appropriate hospital reimbursement
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* Courses in ICD-9CM, medical terminology, anatomy, physiology and the clinical disease process are required
* A minimum of two years inpatient coding/DRG experience using ICD-9CM preferred, will consider new grad coders who are ICD-10 trained
* Ability to pass Einstein's coding examination required
* RHIT, RHIA or undergraduate degree preferred
* Intermediate to advanced computer skills required
* Familiarity with the multiple computer systems used in the HIM Department preferred (ClinTrac, 3M, Cerner)
* Good analytical and problem solving skills
* CCS preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.