Medical Coding Manager 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: MEDICAL CODING MANAGER - DIRECT HIRE / FULL TIME / PERM
JOB LOCATION: MURRIETA, CA
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME / PERM / DIRECT HIRE + BENEFITS
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
* Knowledge and utilization of medical terminology.
* Knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
* Working knowledge of current ICD-10-CM/PCS, CPT, and HCPCS coding guidelines, with working knowledge of DRG, APC, and diagnosis sequencing concepts.
* Proficiency in the use of all applicable software, which includes the abstracting system3-M HDM products(s) Familiarity with patient medical records.
* Good command of the English language with effective communication skills (both verbal and written) at all levels.
* Strong working knowledge and utilization of computers.
* Ability to collect and trend data.
* Ability to perform under pressure, meet frequent deadlines, and tight schedules.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE
* Minimum of four years experience in an acute care facility with proficiency in all the areas of charging/coding (Medicare inpatient, Medicare outpatient, Emergency Department, Observation, Ambulatory surgery, outpatient ancillary records, APC edits, DRGs ) preferred.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL EDUCATION
* Holds a current Registered Health Information Administrator certification(RHIA) or eligible within first year of employment; or a current Registered Health Information Technician certificate (RHIT) or eligible within first year of employment.
* At a minimum upon hire, holds a current Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) certificate.
* All are accredited by the American Health Information Management Association.
REQUIRED LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS
* Holds a current Registered Health Information Administrator certificate (RHIA) or eligible; or a current Registered Health Information Technician certificate (RHIT) or eligible.
* Both are accredited by the American Health Information Management Association.
* Must also have CCS.
* Must work in a clean, well-lighted, well-ventilated work environment.
* Subject to irregular hours, including evenings and weekends.
* Ability to function in a busy environment with shifting and evolving priorities.
* Ability to communicate written, verbally, and mentally continuously, set priorities that may change, and accomplish multiple tasks daily.
* Stable emotional makeup required to perform in a fast-pace environment with interruptions.
* Demonstrates ability to maintain positive relationships and courteous interactions with hospital staff, medical staff, and the public.
* Requires effective communication with the medical staff, hospital staff, and the public through the telephone, fax, written and verbal skills, dictating and transcription equipment, meetings, seminars, computer, and email.
* Ability to fill in for the Director of HIM at any time.