Medical Communications / Public Relations Director
Venesco LLC is looking for an experienced MEDICAL COMMUNICATIONS / PUBLIC RELATIONS DIRECTOR to work at FORT DETRICK, MD providing expertise to both internal and external audiences.
* Serve as the media spokesperson on the mission and vision of the requiring office.
* Assist with the development of broad plans and objectives pertaining to the Strategic Communications program, to include identifying areas in need of emphasis to meet the Strategic Communications needs and evaluating these areas on a continuing basis.
* Participate in Strategic Communications project meetings to provide senior leadership updates on issues, upcoming meetings, briefings, and taskers related to assigned projects.
* Develop and refine top-level briefings for public presentation to be utilized at various DoD-related conferences and events.
* Develop, staff, and refine top-level briefings and other communications needed for responding to House Armed Service Committee and Senate Armed Service Committee inquiries.
* Leverage all available communications conduits and emerging technologies in the performance of duties.
* Remain abreast of news media reports and evaluate emerging trends in the development of medical countermeasures to prevent, diagnose, and treat the effects of CBRN threats and emerging infectious diseases.
* Manage public affairs issues, responses, and concerns, as well as the perceptions of stakeholders.
* Confer with internal and external stakeholders to determine subject material to be developed for display, publication, or distribution.
* Lead and assist in the research, organization, writing, and editing of technical documents intended for public release.
* Organize and write descriptive copy according to standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
* Ensure all messages are aligned with and in support of the mission and vision of both the program and multiple national bio-defense military strategies, and are scientifically accurate.
* Manage the external web pages and social media accounts.
* Ensure the posting of timely, accurate, and publicly-cleared information.
* Monitor, report, and resolve technical issues (i.e., broken links, slow loads, and missing graphics).
* Respond to or redirect all inquiries to appropriate points of contact within 48 hours of contact.
* Prepare, maintain, update, and ensure accuracy of public affairs materials.
* Provide strategic communication outreach, to include exhibit and graphics
* support, at various DoD related conferences, exhibits, in-house events, and VIP visits from generals/flag officers and senior civilian leaders.
* Participate in working groups for JPEO-CBD Knowledge Center matters and assist team members to gain access to the Knowledge Center.
* Author articles and facilitate the collection of program news for the quarterly Stakeholders' Newsletter, working with Senior Leadership to ensure the mission and vision of the newsletter is achieved.
* Maintain an e-mail roster for all Stakeholders' Newsletter recipients.
* Submit and track draft documents into the Document Staffing System.
* Assign, track, and respond to tasks generated by the Task Management System, ensuring that all tasks are submitted in a timely manner.
* Prepare situation reports, executive summaries, and briefings for Government review.
* Prepare travel requests and orders; maintain a calendar; and prepare and submit documentation (e.g., correspondence, invitations, etc.) for events.
* Update and manage a mailing database and stakeholder engagement tool.
* Work with minimal supervision and may direct the activities of others.
* 5-10 years' experience, knowledge and training in communications and marketing.
* 5-10 years' experience developing and executing integrated communication, public awareness, and outreach plans for bioengineering and medical programs, to include multi-faceted media campaigns.
* Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with media representatives, public affairs personnel of other agencies, the bio-defense community, regulatory and scientific communities, and special interest groups.
* Working knowledge of the medical countermeasures mission, mission areas, and product portfolio.
* Bachelor's/Master's degree in Communications, Public Relations or related field
ABOUT VENESCO, LLC:
Based in Chantilly, VA, Venesco, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. We are committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regarding to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law.