Medical Credentialing Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Integrated Medical Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTION_Integrated Medical Services (IMS) is a physician-led organization united through its providers' commitment to high-quality, innovative health care. The multi-specialty group has primary care and most specialties well represented throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and many rural locations._
The Credentialing Manager will be responsible for management and development of the Credentialing Department, as well as maintain credentialing and hospital privileges for all IMS providers. In this capacity, this individual ensures accurate, timely and complete submission of third party payor credentialing/re-credentialing and hospital privileging information/applications to external designees for the physicians and allied health professionals within IMS.
CREDENTIALING MANAGER REQUIREMENTS
* Proven working knowledge of third party payor credentialing and hospital privileging
* Knowledge of NCQA, JCAHO and other applicable federal regulations as related to credentialing
* Ability to analyze credentialing related data and prepare informational reports
* Proven team building skills with solutions based thought processes
* Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and keep tasks moving forward
* Hiring, training, developing, supervising and managing performance of personnel
* The courage to step into difficult or awkward situations and create resolution for the betterment of individuals, teams and IMS
* Above average oral and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Self-starter; high initiative; able to work both independently and as a team member
* Exceptional skills in partnering with clients, vendors, and staff and in developing and maintaining long-term supportive relationships
* Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
* Ability to identify barriers and to identify potential solutions to obstacles
* Ability to be effective in a growing organization that changes rapidly and often
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Minimum of 5 years credentialing experience
* Certification as Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS)
* Three years experience in a healthcare, physician practice, or managed care setting
* Five plus years of progressive management experience preferred
* Bachelor's degree or college education in management preferred
* Knowledge of Intelli-soft is preferred
*IMS is a tobacco free workplace.