Medical Director, Infectious Disease- San Juan Capistrano
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
San Juan Capistrano, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Journey Begins with you.
There is quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it is a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Medical Director, Infectious Diseases for our San Juan Capistrano location.
The Medical Director is responsible for providing scientific and clinical direction to the clinical laboratory within their area(s) of expertise which will maximize quality patient care and ensure continuous business growth throughout the Quest Diagnostics as Nichols Institute family of Laboratories. Assume Clinical Consultant or Technical Supervisor responsibilities as assigned by Laboratory Director.
1. Utilizing laboratory procedures, diagnoses from body tissue, fluids, secretions, and other specimens, the presence and stage of diseases. Reviews, interprets, documents and approves clinical test results within established turnaround times.
2. Honors requests for consultations from clinicians regarding the appropriateness and interpretation of laboratory tests. Due to the importance of quality patient care, servicing consultation requests of all types is considered imperative.
3. Reviews new research developments in the appropriate fields of expertise. Makes recommendations on strategies and tests to develop consistent with mandates from the Chief Science Officer, Quest Diagnostics, Nichols Institute.
4. Reviews with Senior Laboratory Director testing which may be reloaded to Quest Diagnostics regional laboratory facilities. Assume Clinical Consultant or Technical Supervisor responsibilities in Specialty as delegated by the Laboratory Director Responsibilities
1. Approve of the test method selection and validation.
2. Ensure that the proficiency testing program is conducted in a timely manner, reviewed by appropriate staff, and approve of corrective action when a proficiency testing result is found to be unsatisfactory.
3. Establish and monitor quality control to ensure that acceptable levels of analytical performance are maintained for each test system. Ensure that patient test results are reported only when the system is functioning properly.
4. Approve all corrective action and preventative action plans and procedure.
5. Approve Job Assignments and Authorization Matrix (JAAM) and annual Performance and Development Review (PDR) to ensure that all personnel have the appropriate training and demonstrated performance for the type of testing offered.
6. Annually review Standard Operating Procedures for test systems.
7. Reviews and approves report format for appropriateness of clinical information communicated in areas of assigned expertise. Approves interpretative reporting comments as needed.
1. Member of appropriate Subspecialty Team(s). Attendance at regular Subspecialty Team meeting and other senior laboratory management staff meetings. Participates in all significant scientific, business and policy decisions impacting the clinical utility and quality of testing services.
2. Interacts with Academic Associates in areas of assigned expertise to develop new strategies and testing methods.
3. Interacts with Clinical Correlations staff. Reviews potential reference ranges for all new analytes in areas of assigned expertise. Responsible for reference range memoranda for appropriate tests.
4. Interacts with both internal (Client Services, Lab Services, Sales and Marketing) and external clients to facilitate and foster increased transfer of information related to medicine and science at Quest Diagnostics, Nichols Institute. Works closely with Sales staff throughout Quest Diagnostics to provide appropriate medical scientific support as required.
5. Attendance at National meetings in areas of assigned expertise to maintain/build knowledge and to provide representation for Quest Diagnostics, Nichols Institute.
Education: M. D. Licensure to practice in California. Board Certified and California Licensed as required by Sub-Specialty or Specialty Work Experience: All Pathologists/physicians should be prepared to demonstrate competence in their fields of practice. Board certification is required. A sub-specialty certification may be important. Progressive exposure to a field of Administration, Finance, Medical Sociology, Marketing or Human Resources though an MBA is preferred. Special Requirements: Pathologists/physicians should exemplify professionalism consistent with Quest Diagnostics, Nichols Institute's values, vision, mission and fundamental objectives.
Key Word Search: consults, reviews, subspecialty, pathologist, physician, board certified, diagnose, and interpret.
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).