- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Medical Equipment and Delivery - FT Days Sacramento
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB THAT ALLOWS YOU TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OTHERS\' LIVES AND TO WORK IN THE STABLE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY?
The Customer Service Technician is responsible for delivery and equipment management tasks for a district office, including customer delivery and pick-up of medical equipment; processing, cleaning, inspecting and testing equipment; and inventory maintenance.
KNOWLEDGE AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* 21 years of age or older, with high school diploma or equivalent.
* Prior work experience in hospital setting or customer service preferred.
* Basic computer skills.
* Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as emergency off-hours as required.
* Valid driver s license and potential for DOT certification.
* Able to lift and/or push 75 pounds.
* Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
BEHAVIORAL SKILLS (HOW THE JOBHOLDERS MUST CONDUCT THEMSELVES WITH OTHER PEOPLE.)
* Possesses quality orientation with a get it right the first time attitude.
* Complies with patient privacy laws in all matters.
* Maintains and projects confidence, enthusiasm and a professional image.
* Flexible, coachable.
* Demonstrates strong communication skills (listening, writing and speaking).
* Demonstrates team orientation and shows respect for others.
* Proactive and self motivated.
* Organized; prioritizes to meet deadlines.
* Operates with a proactive approach towards safety, health and quality in compliance with all company, governmental, and customer policies and regulations.
* Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
* Customer-focused: willing to go above and beyond.
PRACTICAL SKILLS (Tasks that the job holder must be able to do and demonstrate.)
* Able to dialogue with clinical staff on the topics of equipment features, functionality, etc.
* Understands and uses effective conflict resolution skills, e.g., identifies and resolves service concerns, discrepancies and disagreements.
* Ensures prompt and courteous service is delivered to all customers in person and in all communications.
* Shares information with all team members to improve ability to service customers and define opportunities for the district team.
* Completes all paperwork accurately and in a timely manner to ensure accurate documentation for billing and required regulatory compliance.
* Stays up to date on the medical equipment in our fleet.
* Inspects, cleans and tests medical equipment for functionality, following approved written procedures.
* Safely loads, secures and delivers medical equipment to customers.
* Completes and maintains DOT certification, according to location-specific needs.
* Educates and engages customers at the time of delivery, detailing customers on the features and functionality of the equipment,
* Retrieves equipment from customer locations, safely transporting the equipment back to the UHS office.
* Ships and receives medical equipment and supplies.
* Assists with inventory management.
* Resolves customer complaints, ensuring customer satisfaction.
* Performs other assigned duties
The numbers tell it all. UHS has been in business since 1939; it operates through 85 districts and serves customers in all 50 states.
Our motto? Quality. Value. Service. All of us. All the time. Now, find out what that means to you. Compensation includes base wage, 401(k). Full time opportunities offer health/dental and tuition reimbursement. Excellent career pathing opportunities as well. Learn more. Apply online today!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background and drug testing.
PRIMARY JOB LOCATION:
Sacramento - District site
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS (IF APPLICABLE):
Customer Service Technician I
Universal Hospital Services