Medical Gas Sales Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Airgas USA, LLC is Now Hiring
Medical Gas Sales Specialist in Las Vegas, Nevada
Are Safety, Ethics and Excellent Customer Service important to you?
Are you intrigued by supporting customers in aerospace, hospitals, labs, universities, manufacturing, etc.?
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as a Medical Gas Sales Specialist!
Airgas USA, LLC, a Fortune 500, $6B organization is planning for continued growth. As the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
Represents the company's medical product lines to new prospects and existing customers in the hospital, nursing homes, surgery centers, doctor/dental and distributor's etc., markets by demonstrating products, features, and company services. Emphasizes the benefits of Airgas products and services and matches customers' needs with the appropriate company products. Works closely with the Medical Sales Contract Manager to enhance business processes and business opportunities.
* Maintains current product knowledge through participation in company sponsored training, as well as, involvement with outside trade organizations and governmental compliance agencies.
* Identifies and qualifies prospective customers within assigned area or territory and keeps direct manager informed of such information.
* Develops and maintains sales relationships with all accounts in assigned area or territory.
* Acts as liaison between customer and company regarding pricing, products, delivery information, payments, service, and inquiries of any kind.
* Collaborates with both the region's Medical Vice President and Medical Sales Contract Manager to develop and implement a market plan and sales strategy within assigned area or territory.
* Increases both sales and margin profit through additional account penetration and by cultivating new accounts.
* Will work to increase knowledge of the branches concerning medical customers and regulations.
* Ensures that all required business reports are done in an accurate and timely manner.
* Ensures sales objectives are met within the established timelines for assigned area or territory.
* Provides technical and business support for sales activities to Area Account Managers and other sales management in assigned area or territory.
* Interprets customer needs and makes appropriate recommendations to increase sales opportunities.
* Engages Area Account Managers and other sales management in assigned area or territory to receive their support and cooperation necessary to increase account penetration throughout the regions existing customer base, and the addition of new customers.
* Researches and analyses market data in assigned area or territory to determine new customers, sales volume potential and pricing, and develop a strategy to meet sales targets in consultation with regional VP of Medical Sales.
* Prepares and analyzes sales reports as assigned to provide manager with a concise summary of cause and effect relationships due to price increases, strategy initiatives, current market conditions, and other factors.
* Quotes prices and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
* Estimates delivery date to customer based on knowledge of production and delivery schedules
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelors degree preferred
* Minimum 5 - 8 years of related experience
* Requires a strong understanding of medical gas products and processes.
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to perform data entry in a computer and extract information on orders.
* Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines and sales objectives.
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
* Must have excellent time management and follow up skills.
* Requires a valid driver's license and personal vehicle with insurance coverage as required by the company.
* Must have the ability to use tools, routinely lift between 25 and 75 lbs., climb, reach and perform various physical maneuvers to meet the essential function of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation if required.
* Requires intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* Prior Experience with SAP preferred.
* Must have a high level of energy, be as self-starter, and have a strong customer service and relationship orientation.
* Must present a professional presence and demeanor that is reflective of a corporate image.
Airgas offers a full benefits package includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...
What do our Team Members have to say?
Great place to work with great growth potential - Director, Atlanta
Opportunity to advance and a great safety program - Driver, Cheshire
Fun people to work with and flexible management - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability