Medical Lab Tech - PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
This is a PRN position. Responsible for specimen processing, test performance and reporting test results.
JOB SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES:
1. Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
2. Each individual performs only those test authorized by the Laboratory Manager and require a degree of skill commensurate with individual's education, training or experience and technical abilities.
3. Each individual performing tests must follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
4. Maintains records that demonstrate proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient samples.
5. Adheres to the laboratory's quality control policies, documents all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
6. Follows the laboratory's established corrective action policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
7. Capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, and either must correct the problems or immediately notify the Technical Consultant, Clinical Consultant or Manager.
8. Documents all corrective action taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
9. Serves as a laboratory team member to enhance customer relations within and outside the Laboratory.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate's degree in a physical science from an accredited institution.
- MLT (ASCP) certification or equivalent. Documented evidence of specialty certification and/or additional training. Maintains current licensure and provides the hospital with a copy of indicated requirements.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.