Medical Lab Technologist - Core Lab
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This is a float position covering different days and shifts. Flexibility is needed to work days, evenings, and overnight shifts and weekend shifts. Some shifts are given in advance to cover staff vacations, some might be short notice.
Training for the position is on your first day starting with 40 hours a week for 3 weeks 8am-5pm.
We are open to new graduates.
ASCP or AAB or AMT lab certification is required, or someone that is eligible to sit for the exam.
We look forward to reading your application.
The laboratory at Saint Joseph Hospital provides inpatient and outpatient diagnostic services for our new 350 bed medical facility as well as our partners National Jewish Health and Kaiser Permanente.
The laboratory is staffed 24/7 by trained laboratory personnel with MT/MLS and MLT qualifications serving in both generalist and specialized capacities.
Our hospital is located in one of many transitional neighborhoods in Denver and offers ample secured and covered parking to our associates.
Saint Joseph Hospital in not a trauma center, but does specializes in cardiac surgery, general surgery, oncology and high risk maternity patients and their needs are reflected in the testing and services we excel at providing.
Performs and interprets designated test procedures in the Rapid Response Laboratory, Blood Bank, and Microbiology as trained.
Responsible for adhering to regulations as issued by CAP, AABB, FDA, OSHA and any other applicable regulatory agencies.
Performs a variety of laboratory duties following established procedures, protocols and guidelines of the department and/or organization.
Performs quality control, adheres to hospital policies, takes part in continuing education and maintains positive interpersonal relationships. Performs other duties as assigned.
MT/MLS with core laboratory and blood bank experience preferred. MLT with appropriate experience would also be considered.
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Denver (estab.1873)
* Largest acute care provider in Denver area
* 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
* 371 beds
* New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
* Breast Care Center
* Cardiovascular Services
* Center for Women and Infants
* Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Emergency Services
* Medical Imaging
* Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
* Surgical Care
* Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
Performs, interprets, and correlates clinical laboratory tests by following protocols to assist in physician diagnosis and treatment.
* Performs laboratory testing in an accurate and timely manner by following established protocols in order to assist in appropriate diagnosis and treatment.
* Interprets and correlates clinical test results with patient history, diagnosis, and clinical condition in order to explain test results (normal/abnormal) so that appropriate action can be taken.
* Complies with OSHA and regulatory requirements by following established procedures in order to maintain a safe laboratory environment and to meet accreditation standards.
* May provide technical education and guidance to students and staff by overseeing work performance in support of educational programs resulting in a continuous learning environment.
* Works effectively as a team member within the department and with other units to provide quality service through communication, cooperation and collaboration.
* Maintains flexibility required to adapt to laboratory needs as related to testing and scheduling.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* High School diploma or equivalent, required
* Successful completion of an accredited training program for Medical Laboratory Technicians, required
* ASCP certification, required within one year of employment
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
* One (1) year of experience in a hospital setting, preferred