Medical Laboratory/Quality Assurance Manager 8/18/2016
Scott Afb, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Medical Laboratory/Quality Assurance Manager candidates to support the 375th Medical Group, located at Scott AFB, IL
* Manages and performs the development, evaluation, and application of new, modified, and improved procedures, techniques, and equipment for updating the laboratory services, including data automation and reporting.
* Implements and/or tracks instrument validation and maintenance program prior to use of new equipment.
* Manages the laboratory quality program. Establishes and maintains a program of quality control commensurate with specified Air Force regulations and requirements set forth by select national accrediting agencies.
* Coordinates with supervisor in planning work flow and duty schedules for assigned section(s). Anticipates problems with tests to be performed and discusses possible solutions with the technicians.
* Provides specific instructions to technicians for new, difficult, or unusual assignments.
* Maintains status and progress of work, making day-to-day adjustments in work requirements in accordance with established priorities. Obtain assistance from the supervisor on irresolvable issues as necessary.
* Maintains records of work accomplished and time expended and prepares/reviews reports as required.
* Consults with other medical staff members to determine their requirements for effective patient care and elevates staff s feedback to supervisor.
* Performs/reviews clinical laboratory testing in accordance with established operating instructions, ensuring reporting of accurate results within established turnaround time.
* Manages administrative aspects of analytical testing by ensuring compliance with routine quality control requirements; adequate supply inventory; compliance with accreditation standards; prompt resolution of errors and quality concerns, filing variance or incident reports as applicable; and troubleshooting analyzer problems, recognizing discrepancies, erroneous results, and taking appropriate follow up actions
* Provides consultative support to medical staff concerning test selection, timing, specimen quality, and interpretation of results. Ensures accuracy of information during annual Lab Guide review.
* Participates in research, evaluation, validation, and implementation of new instrumentation or methodology applicable to the clinical laboratory. Performs instrument calibration and method validations required.
* Adheres to infection control procedures to include the use of personal protective equipment and the disposal of biological hazardous waste.
* Participates in required in-service training and continuing medical education.
* Ensures safe work environment and safe employee work habits.
* Assists with training laboratory staff and training programs
* Bachelor s degree in Medical Technology, or BS/BA degree in a related scientific field with an internship in a laboratory
* Certification as a Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Scientist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists or American Medical Technologist (AMT).
* Five (5) years experience as a Medical Technologist, Medical Laboratory Scientist or Laboratory Manager
* US citizen