Medical Laboratory Technician - Laboratory - PT Evenings Rotating WE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00031-11292
Evenings (rotating weekends)
PARKRIDGE MEDICAL CENTER - CHATTANOOGA, TN
MEDICAL LAB TECHNICIAN, MLT
PARKRIDGE MEDICAL CENTER has served the community for nearly 40 years. Over the years, we have built a reputation for advanced technology and compassionate care, making us a hospital of choice for patients seeking quality treatment in the community. From our comprehensive cardiac services program to orthopaedics and oncology care at The Sarah Cannon Cancer Center at Parkridge, we are proud to be one of Chattanooga's best hospitals for healing. Parkridge Medical Center was the first hospital in the area to offer robotic surgery, and features the area's most knowledgeable and experienced robotic surgery team. The Parkridge Medical Center Emergency Department is an Accredited Chest Pain Center, making it a natural choice for those suffering from cardiovascular events when every minute matters.
PARKRIDGE is currently looking for a MEDICAL LAB TECHNICIAN, MLT.
* Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
* Specimen processing, preanalytic inspection of specimens for identification and integrity.
* Performs various types of laboratory test(s) on patient specimens, evaluates test results, and report/enter/verify test results in Laboratory Information System.
* Performs and evaluates periodic quality control per policy and procedure. Adheres to all Quality Assurance procedures.
* Evaluates new and/or modified procedures, reagents and instruments as directed by Section Coordinator. Troubleshoots all instruments as directed by Section Coordinator..
* Assists in training new employees/students as directed by Section Coordinator.
* Communicates laboratory test knowledge and test results in a professional and appropriate manner.
* Exhibits and adheres to ICARE Standards of Behavior in all areas of job duties and responsibilities.
* Participates in hospital initiatives and in department goals set by the Laboratory Director and Manager
* Other duties as needed/assigned.
* TN State Clinical Lab Technician (MLT).
* Associate Degree; Graduate from a NCCLS accredited Medical Technician program.
* Hospital laboratory experience preferred.
* Weekend Rotation
Last Edited: 09/07/2016