Medical Liaison Managed Markets - Strategic National Accounts Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition ID 42303BR
Title Medical Liaison Managed Markets - Strategic National Accounts
Job Category Field Medical
Job Description Purpose:
Maintains a network of external relationships with key C-suite individuals, pharmacy directors, medical directors, and other customer groups within Managed Markets. Accountable for managing multiple internal relationships (mainly Market Access, Medical Operations, HEOR and Medical Affairs). Serves as a subject matter expert and primary clinical point of contact for key strategic and priority Managed Markets accounts.
* Position reports to Field Director/Sr Field Director/Executive Director.
* Provides monthly reports on scientific leadership activities to Field Director including budget expenditures as directed.
* Records all activities within One Stop Shop (OSS) and all expenses within Concur in accordance with FMA procedures.
* Secures and maintains effective administrative management of strategic national/regional business as well as operational and educational budgets.
* Acts as a scientific resource for health care providers (HCP s) and other NNI employees, as required.
* Attends and presents at assigned medical and scientific meetings and symposia: a) ensures and maintains thorough knowledge of the latest and current issues and new data pertaining to NNI products; b) develops, establishes and maintains relationships with key Managed Care Customers; c) conveys appropriate use of NNI
products and greater utilization of its services; d) Provides leadership with Account Executives
in answering unsolicited questions from Managed Care Customers.
* Combines account management skills, business acumen, and scientific expertise to enhance value and develop collaborative relationships.
* Demonstrates confidence in managing and developing relationships over time with key customers.
* Establishes and maintains relationships with key health care providers and key formulary influencers and responds to inquiries to establish and/or further the knowledge of NNI products and related topics.
* Establishes the medical account strategy/plan through the identification and cultivation of key relationships and brings forth appropriate collaboration opportunities.
* Gathers customer insight regarding NNI and competitors products to help inform medical and commercial decision making.
* Maintains a thorough/advanced and detailed working knowledge of NNI, its products, current scientific research and publications associated with same.
* Manages, prepares and conducts ongoing product and scientific updates as needed, demonstrating an advanced level of confidence with presentation and facilitation skills to a variety of audiences.
* Participates and presents in special Regional and National projects (e.g., team meetings, training, etc.)
* Understands and adheres to legal and regulatory guidelines of pharmaceutical industry.
* Assists Director with planning and delivering presentations for MM POA meetings.
* Educates Managed Care Account Executives on product knowledge and understanding of technical information within the therapeutic area.
* Facilitates the development of Managed Care Symposia and education for health care providers on subjects relevant to NNI s products.
* Provides expert support, mentorship, and/or training to regional medical liaisons, internal medical affairs personnel, and the greater field medical affairs organization in the area of Managed Markets, Integrated Health Networks (IHNs), and Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR), as needed.
* Communicates clinical account strategies to NNI Senior Leadership Teams and Core Medical Teams.
* Develops and maintains clinical relationships with key Csuite members, medical directors, pharmacy directors, and other clinical influencers at targeted strategic and priority MM accounts.
* Develops and presents product and advanced scientific updates for Formulary presentations.
* Directs and leads clinical engagement efforts on behalf of NNI at key strategic and priority MM accounts.
* Drives the development and implementation of MM strategy in alignment with Medical and Brand strategy.
* Manages and facilitates potential Pharmacoeconomic and Managed Care-initiated studies in the regions and refers requests for research grants from region to The Research Grants Committee or other appropriate in-house committees as directed.
* Manages internal relationships and collaborates and partners with Marketing, MM, HEOR management and other FMA teams to develop and implement scientific strategies to optimize NNI s products and development activities in the medical community.
* Provides advanced scientific leadership for marketed products and development projects within the MM accounts, focusing on diabetes.
* Provides advanced scientific leadership for strategic Managed Care and Health Economics consultants and advisory board activities.
* Works collaboratively with the Senior Management of Managed Markets and Senior Management of Health Economics to identify, manage, and coordinate medical Support needs at key MM accounts.
* Designs, develops, and delivers advanced scientific presentations to individuals and groups of strategic importance to Novo Nordisk as requested.
* Develops and delivers advanced formulary presentations using approved material.
* Develops, maintains, and executes medical account plans for key strategic and priority Managed Markets accounts.
* Identifies, develops, and implements projects that align key clinical decision makers interests with those of NNI.
* 50-75% overnight travel required
Additional Information Key Success Factors: Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
* A PharmD or other Doctoral degree (e.g. MD, PhD) with advanced professional licensure (e.g.,NP, RPh) required.
* A minimum of 4 years experience in a health related system, pharmaceutical company, or managed care environment required ((internship or residency may count toward experience, and an advanced degree may be substituted for experience when appropriate), with at least 3 years work experience in a field medical liaison role or Managed Markets setting.
* A strong knowledge of clinical development/operations and working knowledge of FDA Requirements required.
* A strong knowledge of health economics and demonstrated ability to conduct value-based discussions with key MM customers required.
* A thorough understanding of the formulary process across various payer channels required.
* Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment required.
* Advanced, in-depth understanding of US healthcare system, payers, reimbursement methods and integrated health systems required.
* Demonstrated ability to consistently engage business critical MM customers and execute against challenges of a continually changing healthcare/payer landscape required.
* Demonstrated excellence in leadership, strategic influencing, initiative ability, project management, internal and external relationship development, analytical/problem solving skills, and written/verbal communication skills required.
* Demonstrated flexibility in technical expertise across disease areas preferred. Experience in account management and/or project management preferred.
* Expert technical depth in disease area and ability to develop expertise across multiple disease areas.
* Knowledge of information/technology systems preferred.
* Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.) preferred.
* Work experience in a Managed Markets setting preferred.
* Work experience in health economics and outcomes research preferred.
Department CMR - MM STRATEGIC ACCOUNTS
Position Location US - Field Based - Across US
State/Provinces US - IL
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an