Medical Management Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Erie Indemnity Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
As a Medical Management Specialist in the Roanoke Branch Office, you will within designated authority, handle medical management claims with limited supervision.
* Consideration will be given for applicants to sit in Roanoke, Waynesboro, or Richmond Branches.
* North Carolina license, preferred.
This position is being reposted.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Customer service skills
* Time management skills
* Ability to handle large volume of work
* Negotiation skills
* Analytical skills
* Problem-solving skills
* Attention to detail
* Communication skills
* Decision-making skills
* Organizational skills
* Interpersonal skills
* Ability to plan and prioritize work and meet deadlines
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to train and direct the work of others
* Ability to operate a computer and related equipment and software
* Bachelor s degree, required; or
* Associate s degree with one year experience in medical management claims, required; or
* High school diploma or GED with three years experience in medical management claims required.
* Strong working knowledge of applicable state laws required.
* Good working knowledge of human anatomy and medical terminology required.
* Expertise in state no-fault laws and working knowledge of civil law preferred.
* Successful completion of AIC 33 and AIC 34 preferred.
* Working knowledge of medical bill repricing system required where applicable.
* Appropriate license as required by state.
* PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS (% of Time):
* Lifting: 0-20 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%); 20-50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%); Over 50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%)
* Driving: Rarely
* Pushing/Pulling: Occasional (less than 20%)
* Manual Keying/Data Entry: Often (20-50%)
It is the policy of ERIE to employ qualified people without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. This basic policy of nondiscrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, assignment, corrective action, compensation and discharge. Consistent with this policy, ERIE supports an inclusive workforce. - See more at: https://www.erieinsurance.com/about-us/equal-employment-opportunity#sthash.mq74ZXDB.dpuf
Additional BenefitsWellness Program
Financial Education & Counseling
Long Term Care Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability Income Benefits
Career Development Resources (Internal)
Tuition Aid Program
Some listed benefits are available for PT positions as well.