Medical Nutrition Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
Delray Beach, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Are you looking to start an exciting career with one of the fastest growing companies in the industry? Are you caring and compassionate and have a passion for making a difference in the lives of deserved patients? If you answered yes to both of these questions, we are looking for you. We are searching for a registered dietitian liaison to be the face of our company to our patients and referral sources. Lincare, a leading national Homecare Company, seeks a full time Medical Nutrition Specialist to raise the standard of care for the home enteral patients.
SUMMARY: In conjunction with clinician (RD/DTR/LPN) responsible for all aspects of enteral nutrition care for the home tube fed patient and other medical nutrition related activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
* Works in a designated territory performing sales activities, tracking daily sales activity via sales tracking system, promotes Lincare Enteral Services to physicians, hospitals, home health and cancer centers and maintains market information through the Lincare Sales Tracking System.
* Formulate, revise; and maintain enteral nutrition patient care plans based on physician orders and assessment findings including the identification of patient problems/needs, goals, and actions and interventions relating to the care or service provided.
* Educate patients with relation to their enteral feeding to facilitate safe and effective use and desired care, treatment and service outcomes.
* Provide patient care, treatment, and service in a continuous and coordinated manner, in settings appropriate to meet patient needs.
* Responsible for community education regarding all aspects of medical nutrition services provided by company.
* Responsible for maintaining and managing a minimum monthly patient admits/census.
* Promote safe, effective patient and organizational environments and feeding equipment use.
* Participate in on-going education, including in-services, training, and other activities, to maintain and improve individual competence.
* Obtain, utilize, and update patient information in a confidential and secure manner for
* Bachelor of Science in Dietetics from an accredited institution.
* Licensed as a registered and licensed dietitian (where applicable) for geographic areas where he/she manages patients.
* One or more years of RD, experience preferred. Sales experience a plus
* To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and e-mail communications.
* Active driver's license is required.
Lincare is an equal opportunity, access and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Lincare provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Because Lincare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V